Join Login
Building ForumLaundry Appliances

what size washing machine do you have and is it big enough?

Page 4 of 4
Okay cool. Shellb have you put your doona in though on it's own? Does it do okay?
candice.novak

We are thinking of getting the LG steam washer and dryer - it is 10kgs for wash and 6 for drying it also has a steam function for business shirts which is supposed to reduce creases
Has anyone any experience with one of these?
Looks gorgeous too its shiny black and silver !
Candi

We bought this machine 2 weeks ago and it is FANTASTIC!!!!!!! We bought a white one, it is very beautiful.
Washes so much better than my old top loader - would be hard to do a worse job than my old machine so not really much of a comparison. The steam wash is great, everything comes out smelling divine.
Yesterday I washed our queen sheets, 6 pillowcases and king size doona cover and could have fit a lot more in the wash. I put them on a wash/dry and they smell beautiful and were perfectly dry - nothing even tangled.
It is removing stains in my kids clothes which have been there for months and our whites are fab. The steam makes clothes lovely and soft for ironing too.

I was worried about the dry function as I'd read some negative reviews. I've not had a problem with it. I actually washed a massive load the other day and moved half to our old dryer then dried both at the same time. They were done in almost exactly the same amount of time which made me very happy with my purchase.

I'm getting another one in our new house and running them both side by side. 20kg of washing ready to hang on the line at 7am or 12kg wash & dry while I'm out if its raining.
Yep- does doona no worries at all. Mine is a queen and I'm sure king would be ok too. Just not doonas and sheets all together.
mb@147a
candice.novak

We are thinking of getting the LG steam washer and dryer - it is 10kgs for wash and 6 for drying it also has a steam function for business shirts which is supposed to reduce creases
Has anyone any experience with one of these?
Looks gorgeous too its shiny black and silver !
Candi

We bought this machine 2 weeks ago and it is FANTASTIC!!!!!!! We bought a white one, it is very beautiful.
Washes so much better than my old top loader - would be hard to do a worse job than my old machine so not really much of a comparison. The steam wash is great, everything comes out smelling divine.
Yesterday I washed our queen sheets, 6 pillowcases and king size doona cover and could have fit a lot more in the wash. I put them on a wash/dry and they smell beautiful and were perfectly dry - nothing even tangled.
It is removing stains in my kids clothes which have been there for months and our whites are fab. The steam makes clothes lovely and soft for ironing too.

I was worried about the dry function as I'd read some negative reviews. I've not had a problem with it. I actually washed a massive load the other day and moved half to our old dryer then dried both at the same time. They were done in almost exactly the same amount of time which made me very happy with my purchase.

I'm getting another one in our new house and running them both side by side. 20kg of washing ready to hang on the line at 7am or 12kg wash & dry while I'm out if its raining.

Wow thanks great Ive seen this one on special for $2250 so shall pick it up on the weekend
hiccup
janenguyen
We have decided on the miele 6.5kg. l was going to go for the bosch 8.0kg for the same price thinking that it was made it germany. Unfortunately it is made in Thailand. Nothing wrong with products made in asian countries. hehehee l'm asian myself but l find that products that are made in germany are heaps better. Therefore after all this we decided to put a deposit on the miele. They have a sale on now. $200 off the model that l want so l decided to snap it up because they rarely have sales.
Our house is still getting built and only up to the bricks stage so l'll have to wait till October to test it out

If you're talking about the logixx range which are the 8kg ones they are made in Germany. It is the Maxx range which come out of Thailand.
The sales people told me that they were all made from Thailand. I would have looked into the logixx range if it was made in Germany. Oh wells, l'm happy with my purchase.
We have a front loading Siemens 8kg with 1400rpm spin speed. It is exactly the same machine as the Bosch Logixx8 but had a longer warranty for the same price. Cost us $2200 which I know is the price of a small second hand car but it is my dream machine. We have 5 kids and 3 are currently bed-wetters (family curse) so have lots of sheets and bedding on a regular basis. Used to have an LG 7kg front loader... a lemon, we only got probably 4 reasonable years out of it (and another 3 really bad ones) and it really only worked at optimal performance for maybe the first 2 years. The Miele model that goes up to 1400rpm is much more expensive. This spin speed is fantastic especially if the drier becomes necessary which is often during wet season in FNQ because it doesn't take long. The machine is still gentle on clothes and even spins back and forward at the end to loosen clothes. Also soooo much shorter wash times than the LG.
The 1400 RPM spins speed makes such a difference to the drying time! When I do delicate loads and reduce the spin speed, the clothes are so much wetter afterwards.
Resurrecting the old thread...

I am getting 2 machines in the new house when its built. Can't wait. Will run them side by side. We have a 7.5kg F&P top loader, and I hate it. I've always had F&P, but this one tangles clothes so much.

Good thing about top loaders is that they're quick. I do probably 14 loads a week with 2 kids (yes, everyone washes at different rates). So when I have the two machines, it should cut my workload down when I can fill two at once and hang outside early in the morning on a weekend.

Will consider the 10kg machine.
Just bought the f & p 10 kg top loader this week after our last f& p broke down.
Related
2/04/2024
Extending Washing Machine Hose

Bathrooms and Laundry

Hey all Currently renovating our laundry, bought a new washing machine but have found that the drainage hose is alot shorter than the old machine (which I used to get the…

14/03/2024
PCA needed for EBH or Tyrell is good enough

Building A New House

Most of the time, council will push you out to a private certifier as it ties up their limited resources. Where a builder has gone belly up, the certifier passes the file…

You are here
Building ForumLaundry Appliances
Home
Pros
Forum