Join Login
Building ForumLaundry Appliances

Recommend me a Front Loader......please

Page 2 of 2
Hi Pos,

Did you take the bolts out after you both your machine. They are attached at the back of machine and through the middle to hold everything in place for transport.

Anyway, I have a Bosch 6.5 kg and am very very happy.
Hi taki, thanks, yes I did remove them, I have a funny feeling there is a stabilizing band broken or a big weight thingo that has shifted inside the machine....I guess I'll have to get a service guy out to check it, or buy a fancy new machine
We have just put and order in for a miele they are running out their old models now. Have had enough of our fisher and paykel, its barely 10yrs old and has been fixed 4 times for various faults, the pump is making an awful sound atm so its about to cark it for good. We have owned a miele vacum cleaner for 20 years still going strong, and it caught on FIRE once due to a full bag and cloged filters. Once it had cooled down, and out of curiosity i took it into the back yard and tentativley turned it back on, that was 2 years ago and its still going lol
We have an LG Direct Drive 10kg/6kg washer dryer and we love it. We did a lot of research before buying as there were a lot of negative reviews for LG out there. What we found was that the direct drive washer/dryers seemed to get great reviews as they were built elsewhere, whilst the standard front loader or top loaders all got terrible reviews.

My thoughts on ours:

Its great to have the huge capacity as we don't wash every day.

The dryer works a bit differently to your standard dryer and takes longer. This can be a negative for some, however in our case, we try not to use the dryer too much and only use it as a convenience thing if we want to get some clothes washed and are heading out. We can just set it to wash then head straight into the drying cycle and know that when we come home they will be dry.

Its quiet and washes well

There are plenty of functions.

I'd happily go with another LG, however i would definitely do my research before doing it on reviews of exact models. Ours is now an outdated model, so i can't report on the replacement newer model, however i'd like to think it would be of the same or better quality.
We have had 2 Asko, first one was fantasic for 13 years then we wanted a new one for our home as pre wash sparay had started to eat at the paint on the old one. The old one is still out on the farm used for cleaning rags and outside items.
We had an Asko 7KG front loader for almost 2 years now. First experience with a FL since using top loaders previously. Fantastic washing machine and washes extremely well. Amazing how much you can fit in. Easy to use and nice minimalistic design also if that's something that's important.
Related
18/12/2023
Replacing front fence

Old Home Restoration / Renovation

Try your local council. They should be able to advise in regards ownership of next door dwellling and give advice as to what steps you have to take before doing any work

5/01/2024
Electric gate for s Street front villa

General Discussion

Hi all. I'm thinking of installing an electric gate in front of this street front villa (link below). The gate would be between the bush on the left and the letter box on…

You are here
Building ForumLaundry Appliances
Home
Pros
Forum