Join Login
Building ForumLaundry

Laundry floor has recess under cupboard

Page 1 of 1
In a 12yo house I had a tap leak in the laundry cupboard (now water damaged).
Took off the kickback and found there is no screed or tiles underneath and the cupboard sits in this recess straight on the concrete floor.
Q1 How is this considered water resistant and how did this pass building inspection?
Q2 Do I need to have the recess filled in with waterproofing, screed and laid with tiles before the new cupboard goes in.
doom papaya
Took off the kickback and found there is no screed or tiles underneath and the cupboard sits in this recess straight on the concrete floor.
Q1 How is this considered water resistant and how did this pass building inspection?
Q2 Do I need to have the recess filled in with waterproofing, screed and laid with tiles before the new cupboard goes in.

doom papaya

doom papaya
doom papaya

Waterproofing wet areas, including laundries is a requirement now. I don't know if it was 12 years (for a laundry) but I can't see why it would t have been. Have you got the waterproofing certificate? It should outline what was done.
Related
28/02/2024
Laundry Floor Help Please!

General Discussion

The requirement is for a waterstop to be installed to the entries of the room, (a small aluminum 'L' angle to retain the water to within the room) can't see if they have…

2/04/2024
Floor plan renovation help for bathroom/laundry

Bathrooms and Laundry

This is a very tight fit, I'm not sure if you'll be able to achieve what you've described. Would you consider accessing the separate toilet from the laundry? If so maybe…

26/06/2023
Restoration of old cupboard

General Discussion

Hi I bought an old cupboard that is in desperate need of some TLC. I was seeking some advice as to the best product to use to give it an oil but also bring it to life a…

You are here
Building ForumLaundry
Home
Pros
Forum