Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Appliances

Ducted rangehood question

Page 1 of 1
In my current (old) house, I’m pretty sure the rangehood is ducted. But instead of going directly outside it seems to be connected to the ducted air con so all the bedrooms end up smelling of food.

Is this normal or is this purely because the house is old and they built it wrong?
the_doesnotexist
In my current (old) house, I’m pretty sure the rangehood is ducted. But instead of going directly outside it seems to be connected to the ducted air con so all the bedrooms end up smelling of food.

Is this normal or is this purely because the house is old and they built it wrong?

It should vent to outside defintaly not the Air Con!!
Fore20
the_doesnotexist

It should vent to outside defintaly not the Air Con!!

Thanks.
I’ve always grown up with this and now realising this is not an issue for other people.
the_doesnotexist

If you look closely inside your roof space, it might be the case the sparkies who installed the rangehood connected up some of that silver-type vent tube that looks like the heating tubes. If they did then it might just be a short run of tubing to clear your insulation, that's all.
Related
16/01/2024
Ducted air con insulation question

General Discussion

Hi there I have a Panasonic ducted air con system.…

7/05/2024
Which 90cm rangehood is better

Building A New House

Canopy and Undermount are best, and need to be ducted externally. Which one you go with will be largely determined by your design and joinery choices. What you should be…

11/11/2023
Ducted air con zones

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, sorting out the ducted air con for a 350sqm double story house. Does this placement sound reasonable to you? Also, I plan to have 6 zones I think. Living room…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Appliances
Home
Pros
Forum