Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Appliances

Westinghouse or Blanco Appliances?

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

This is our first post, Building for the first time.

The builder has offered Westinghouse or Blanco appliances.
Does any one have recommendations on which way to go? (Rangehood, stainless steel gas cooktop and stainless steel electric oven all 900mm)

Thanks
You can search www.productreview.com.au site to get an idea
http://www.productreview.com.au/c/range ... lanco.html
http://www.productreview.com.au/c/range ... house.html
I'm not very happy with my Westinghouse stove or rangehood, and I've heard good things about Blanco. I'd go Blanco
donuts
I'm not very happy with my Westinghouse stove or rangehood, and I've heard good things about Blanco. I'd go Blanco

Really, that's a bugger. I love my freestanding westinghouse oven/stove and rangehood
Whereas a friend of mine has got blanco and she has had nothing but problems.

I think it all depends on which products you are getting so maybe find out part numbers and compare.
I think after looking at some of kel's links, Rizzo is right. This could come down to particular models of Blanco/Westinghouse being better than others. Oh well, more questions for the builder. Best to get this sorted out from the get go I suppose!
I have a few Blanco appliances and I was told by the salesman they are not all made in the same country
my oven is good, apparently it is made in Germany, their dishwashers on the other hand are made, if I remember rightly, in Asia and didn't have good reviews so I changed mine for a Miele at the last minute. The Blanco microwave I have is the worst I have ever had. Luckily I don't use it for much. My exhaust fan is ok too. That's all I know
I don't know about Blanco as I've never used them but I've always used Westinghouse in several properties and I've been very happy with their appliances. I've used their ovens, cooktops, dishwashers and rangehoods for at least 7 years now and no problems with any.
Another vote for Westinghouse.
Come on guys, it's almost 50/50! I was hoping for a whitewash win to one team!!
Blanco all the way. They are far more upper-scum and when the time comes to sell, the agent will most likely state the brand name. Ours didn't give us any probs.
Only thing I'd get Westinghouse is the fridge but only if Aust. made. The Chinese ones are rubbish (according to the service agent)
we're all Blanco over here!

oven x 2, dishwasher, microwave, etc etc.

I love em', but that's only because before this home I'd only ever rented and had crap!
so maybe I'm not so objective.

I will say we had our clock (on the stand alone cooker) go, and that meant we could light the gas top (manually), but not use oven until they got spare part. We called about a week ago, they've already come and replaced. We are 12mths into 24mth warranty. Just to give you an idea of their warranty etc.

I must admit, if I had to choose between Blanco & Westinghouse, I'd chose Blanco.

Hope that helps ya!
Related
You are here
Building ForumKitchen Appliances
Home
Pros
Forum