Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Appliances

Bosch dishwashers- urgent opinions please

Page 1 of 1
Im bringing this thread back up again, cause im in the market for a new dishwasher.. Im looking at 2 bosch models the SMU68MO5AU - with 3rd cutlery drawer and the SMS63M08AU - NO cutlery drawer.
Difference in price is about $120. Otherwise very similar dishwashers.
Someone bought up the point that if your cutlery drawer is not near the dishwasher its a pain to unload and the basket is a better option. Does the cutlery drawer come out?
Is the drawer a pain to load and unload? Im always in a hurry and usually just throw the cutlery into the basket.
If anyone has either of these dishwashers Id love your opinion. I need to order it by friday ... Thanks
We have one with a cutlery basket, but it is located next to the kitchen drawers anyway.
As far as the dishwasher goes... love it, love it, love it
dunno
Im bringing this thread back up again, cause im in the market for a new dishwasher.. Im looking at 2 bosch models the SMU68MO5AU - with 3rd cutlery drawer and the SMS63M08AU - NO cutlery drawer.
Difference in price is about $120. Otherwise very similar dishwashers.
Someone bought up the point that if your cutlery drawer is not near the dishwasher its a pain to unload and the basket is a better option. Does the cutlery drawer come out?
Is the drawer a pain to load and unload? Im always in a hurry and usually just throw the cutlery into the basket.
If anyone has either of these dishwashers Id love your opinion. I need to order it by friday ... Thanks

I suspect preference for the cutlery drawer is an excellent diagnostic tool for obsessive compulsive disorder.

Having said that, we had one in a Miele in our last house and it was a definite requirement for the new house. Dumping the cutlery in a basket just seems wrong now.
I think there's something vaguely therapeutic about putting each piece of cutlery in a slot in the drawer.
Some (most?) of the extra time used loading is recouped in unloading, as all the knives, forks etc are grouped together and don't need to be sorted. All things being equal, I suspect the cutlery drawer contributes to a better wash/dry too.

Cheers
zeke
We just bought one with the 3rd cutlery drawer for the new house as we own one at the moment with the basket and it takes up a bit of space especially when you want to put bigger things in such as platters etc. Our friend has the one with the cutlery drawer and goes on and on about how fantastic having the drawer is. Can't tell you what it is like as we haven't used it yet but we are just going by our mates advice. Hopefully he is right!
Thanks all, Are the drawers on runners that enable it to be taken out? Gee, maybe Ive got a suggestion for Dishwash manufacturers.
Sounds like thats the one then!
hi dunno,
just wondering which dishwasher you ended up with and if you're quite happy with it. i think the other difference between the 2 is that the one with the 3rd cutlery drawer doesn't have a cover on top as it's meant to be under the bench.
regards.
We recently bought a Bosch. Not the same model, but we're very very happy with it. Even on Quick mode it washes great.
I brought one when I renovated my kitchen 2 yrs ago.
Absolutely loved it. Now I'm in a rental about to build & the one thing I miss, yes my bosh dishwasher lol ha ha
I had one with the basket it washed all cutlery well.
Spewin that the builder I'm building with is throwing in a free dishwasher. Will see how it goes, but hen it packs it in, will be deff getting a bosh again!
Mel
Thanks for the replies! I'll definitely get a Bosch.
Related
31/01/2024
Bosch dishwasher

General Discussion

I am installing a new Bosch SMU4HTS01A built under dushwasher. I have 2 questions. What is the function of the metal strip about 500mm long x 60mm wide the tell you to…

28/01/2024
Need urgent help regarding facade colour combination please

Building A New House

Thank you @. Tried to play with the facade models but the exact colour is not matching up.

19/07/2023
URGENT·····Garage Boundary Wall Water Proofing Issue

Building A New House

thanks Chippy, i hope they have applied sealer but i am doubt to be honest, so i am gonna do this job after handover.

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Appliances
Home
Pros
Forum