Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Appliances

Miele products

Page 1 of 2
Anyone with a Miele Coffee Machine and other kitchen appliances. I am keen to find out how user friendly their products are.
Coffee machine is awesome! Hubby installed one at a friends place and its so easy to use - select what you want and press a button! It was around $3000 from memory though?

And the dishwasher Ive used is good too - I thought it was small originally (just by looking at it) but its adjustable (and it even has a place for your little espresso cups!)

There's been a few sales around too recently - $200 off washing machines etc, and thats quite rare! Its usually something like save 5% if you soend $7,500 or whatever.
I have a Miele oven, a microwave combi oven and the warming tray. At first I hated them as all the different settings had me completely bamboozled and the instructions were very confusing. I could not set the timers and I had no idea as to what settings to use beyond the basic microwave.

However, Miele in Sydney and I presume elsewhere, offers free 2 hour classes for the different cooking appliances and so my OH and I went to the oven one in the morning and the microwave combi one in the afternoon. They were fantastic and we were provided with pages of recipes and we watched the lady cook 3 main meals and a dessert for each (using different features and styles of cooking). We were then served the food at the end of each session. Now I love my ovens as they are so quick(e.g. pork fillets in 8 minutes).

They also offered free coffee before the sessions and explained how this machine worked . They had all their other appliances on display and they would take you through any questions you cared to ask. You can go to this showroom (French's Forest) before you buy any item.

This was free in October but there was a questionnaire asking , amongst other things, if you would be prepared to pay for this service. So things may have changed but all the details were on the Miele website. Also, the showrooms in Sydney were about to be renovated so I do not know if this has been completed yet.
I got the Miele combined washer dryer and it's very easy to use, just one or two button and thats it. It even weighs the load and tells you how much detergent to use and whether you've overloaded the machine. I know they're doing a good special now, you can get their basic oven, cooktop and rangehood for $2700. And the washer dryer is also on sale, $700 off.
Jaeger LeCoultre
I got the Miele combined washer dryer and it's very easy to use, just one or two button and thats it. It even weighs the load and tells you how much detergent to use and whether you've overloaded the machine. I know they're doing a good special now, you can get their basic oven, cooktop and rangehood for $2700. And the washer dryer is also on sale, $700 off.

hey there, where are they on sale??
I'm in melbourne

PS _ LOVE YOUR kitchen ideas website!!!
Annietom
Jaeger LeCoultre

hey there, where are they on sale??
I'm in melbourne

PS _ LOVE YOUR kitchen ideas website!!!

The promotion is on their website so i guess it's nationwide, see this link:
http://www.miele.com.au/au/domestic/promotions_28986.htm
We own a miele vacumn cleaner. Although it didnt do well in recent Choice review, we feel that the suction is great and my floors and carpets look and feel noticeably cleaner. Cannot comment on the other brands as we have never owned them. Btw, that miele is made in Germany and did well in Product Review.
We've got the Miele oven, steam oven, induction cooktop, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer.

We like them all, but in particular the steam oven and the induction have really changed the way we cook. Leftover vegetables taste just as good three days later reheated in the steamer and induction is a very precise way of cooking. They do take a bit to get used to but the manual is pretty good and we would like to take advantage of a Miele sponsored cooking class when our local dealer is up and running with their Miele showroom.

Cheers,
Great - an 'easy' coffee machine is just what I need. I am also looking at purchasing a gas cooktop, but have discovered 'induction'. Unfortunately for me, they don't have Miele classes up here (Top End) so I miss out on any hands on training by the pro's, but has anyone had any problems with the induction cook tops??
Also looking at getting a microwave, dishwasher and oven. How do you find the warranty side of things with Miele?

Good Luck with 4May! It is my favourite day of the year!!
Miele is undoubtedly very good, but so is Bosch, another very respected German brand. However Bosch doesn't skirt around the law, so you can get discounted Bosch equipment.

I've also been looking at induction, and the Bosch has the advantage of 17 heat settings, not just the 9 of Miele, therefore there is more fine control of temperature with Bosch.
LnM

Good Luck with 4May! It is my favourite day of the year!!

Thank you
We have a Miele dishwasher. It's great, we've had no problems and the dishes are always clean!! But...I do wonder whether the extra $$ for the Miele brand is worth it
I don't think I'll buy Miele in our next house for this reason - I think I can do better things with the cash.
Dishwasher and washing machine here. The dishwasher is oh so quiet and cleans like a dream and the washing machine is also great with lots of different settings but very user friendly.
We have a washing machine, and on order a dishwasher and coffee machine for our new place. Hopefully also the microwave in the not to distant future

The inbuilt coffee machine we have purchased is $4000, so i need to drink 2 cups a day for 2yrs to pay for it

parents have a dishwasher and its sensational.

personally i would kit my whole house in Miele if i could afford it.I think the extra cash in build quality and performance is worth it.

Bosch i personally dont think cut it anymore - no doubt they did 10 yrs ago and they are still a good brand but not in the same league as miele

In regards to miele and there pricing strategy, i agree its a pain in the a$$ but no different to apple, oakley and others
I would love to get a Miele dishwasher for my new house. My friend has one and it's sooo sooo quite.

Will have to look when we are about to move in ...see if there are any sales then.
Thanks so much re: all the info on the Miele products!

We are building our home and putting in the induction stove top, built in coffee machine, oven, microwave and semi-integ dishwasher.

Was a bit skeptical about spending so much $$ on the products, but am now convinced its the right way to go for me. Just wish they had the classes here in the Top End to show you how to properly use the products, especially the coffee machine and induction stove top. I did hear that you have to purchase specially made cookware for the Ind. stove. Does anyone here use the cookware and is it readily available to purchase from most stores, and easy to clean??
LnM
I believe Miele gives you a set of stainless steel pots & pans at the moment with their induction cooktops. Any stainless steel flat-based cookware should do. It's available at any shop that sells cookware. As long as a magnet is attracted to the base it will be fine. So basically aluminium cookware is the useless type.
Careful of using the wrong pots.

info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Induction_cooker

most pot sets will tell you if they are induction safe.

PS - we are going for the Miele Washing machine w3831
We received the cookware with our induction cooktop, although our current set (Berghoff stainless) works on the induction OK.

We did have warranty call-out on the dishwasher, basically we had a power-outage during a cycle that dumped alot of water into the bottom of the machine, causing its anti-flood mechanism to trip. Miele were prompt in assisting with the repair and even though it was not technically their fault, it was still covered under warranty.

I'm surprised the steam oven hasn't come up more often in this discussion - it has totally changed the way we cook (and reuse leftovers
).

Cheers,
Those in Melbourne should check out RetraVision Ringwood. They sell discounted brand new, excess stock, ex demo and scratch and dent Miele there. We bought lots of our Miele there at bargain prices!!
Related
You are here
Building ForumKitchen Appliances
Home
Pros
Forum