Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Appliances

Kitchen Appliances: Brands and Recommendations

Page 2 of 2
What we have installed in our build:
Westinghouse for our induction cooktop and pyrolytic oven - so far so good, not too dear compared to a Bosch or Miele but we are happy with it
Bosch series 8 for our diswasher - happy with it..so quiet!
We love our Whispair- Rome 90 with outdoor motor - so quiet, so effective and easy to clean the baffle filter
And my partner loves the Sharp Carousel convection microwave. If something happens to our current one, he would not hesitate to buy the same exact model. This is what we have got as both our oven and microwave for years...
Thanks.. We have gone for

Siemens Cooktop
Miele Dishwasher
Qasair Rangehood
Bosch Oven
We are starting our renovation and currently have Gas cooktop and oven in a 1980's kitchen but are changing to a Induction Cooktop.

Looking at the Bosch Series eight 900mm and was wondering was there a big cost on electrical to supply power to the induction cooktop?
Something_Wrong
Looking at the Bosch Series eight 900mm and was wondering was there a big cost on electrical to supply power to the induction cooktop?

Because induction is instant heat, and because it heats the pan, there is less heat loss so generally considered efficient. However, to get the most appropriate answer you should look at the specification claimed by various manufacturers and compare. In comparing gas to electric I find breaking it down to a cost basis the best. Don’t forget to factor in that you may need new pots and pans, as not all work with induction.

Are you keeping the gas oven or replacing that with electric too?
Keeping the Gas for the oven and want the induction cook top as it’s easier to clean and neater looking.

I read a review saying it needed 3 phase power or is it just a standard 15 or 20a feed.
Something_Wrong
I read a review saying it needed 3 phase power or is it just a standard 15 or 20a feed.

What does the Bosch website say?

Something_Wrong
Keeping the Gas for the oven and want the induction cook top as it’s easier to clean and neater looking.

Electric pyrolytic oven is is easer to clean than a gas oven too.
Just to update we ended up buying:

Bosch Serie 8 900mm Induction cooktop
Bosch Serie 8 600mm Pyro Oven
Siemens DIshwasher (5yr Warranty)
Qasair range hood
Samsung fridge
Microwave with fitting trim kit.

Now just to finish kitchen design and start the massive home renovation job.
Related
25/07/2023
Tapware brands

General Discussion

Thank you fro your response, Simeon. It is good to hear that you have had a positive experience with Parisi. I am always on the lookout for reliable products, and personal…

3/12/2023
Recommendations for quick and cheap updates for the exterior

Renovation + Home Improvement

1. Roof cleaning and paint - which colour do you recommend? I often see black/ dark grey in use these days but I would prefer…

11/03/2024
Renovation - swapping kitchen and bathroom and other fix ups

Renovation + Home Improvement

I recently went through a similar renovation and move scenario when updating our family home. We also swapped some rooms around and tackled a major…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Appliances
Home
Pros
Forum