Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Appliances

Damaged induction cooktop

Page 2 of 2
McKinnon
Ok this is what happened. I wrote a letter of complaint to Ilve, regarding the **** house packaging, blah, blah and told them that I will take this to VCAT. Hubby also rang the head honcho in Sydney and whinged to him about poor customer service and how pathetic they were that their staff could not negotiate something to keep all parties happy. My hubby suggested to the boss, "ok, we all share some of the responsibilty in this breakage and if go to VCAT and ask all parties to pay I'm sure they will not knock me back. Head honcho said "Yes that's fair". Pay $300, Ilve$300 and Clive Peters $300.
$300 bucks is better than taking out builder warranty insurance or stuffing around with VCAT.

Moral of the story: Don't give up and don't talk to the office girls. Go straight to the top of the company and demand to speak with the head hontcho and negotiate something with compromise.

We recently had an issue with our coffee machine and wanted it replaced, got nowhere calling the office people, hotlines etc, finally went on Twitter and sent a Tweet to the company, picked up a new machine two days later. Very happy result and we didn't give up!
Related
17/10/2023
Warped/damaged roof truss?

General Discussion

It's hard to comment as the photos area bit dark ( you might need a new 15 - just got one and wow > ) Jokes aside, I can see one member that is cracked. I would find a…

10/05/2024
Damaged/repaired PVC pipe under concrete slab

General Discussion

The coupling, which is made from flexible PVC, needs to comply with AS/NZS 4327 which specifies the requirements for metal banded flexible couplings used in low-pressure…

25/03/2024
900MM Cooktop over a 600MM built in oven

Building A New House

My daughter and son in law are about to start building, they are having a 600mm induction cook top and 900mm oven. It's personal preferance >

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Appliances
Home
Pros
Forum