Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Choosing interior paint colours and combinations

Page 1 of 1
We have had warm yellow with darker yellow trim in living areas for too many years. This space is at the back of a north facing house in Brisbane. Now replacing cedar blinds with white shutters and repainting kitchen, dining, lounge areas in whites (or neutrals) to brighten the place up. The suggested trim that matches the Thermalite shutters is Dulux Lexicon, but really want a warmer white for walls. But can you combine Lexicon with a warm white like Antique White USA? Even Antique White looks way too white on test spot for me, but maybe just we are just used to more colour. Have dark reddish granite on kitchen benches and splashbacks,laminate in a neutral colour that has pinkish undertones, vinyl tiles on floors in kitchen and dining area, timber floors in lounge and lots of timber furniture and variety of artwork on all walls, cedar French doors to outside courtyard.

Is antique white too white? And can you combine it with Lexicon window trims, doors and door frames and 1/4 Lexicon for ceilings?

Hope to get some opinions. Painting next week before shutters installed!
Related
17/04/2024
Choosing easier lot for extension/renovation.

Renovation + Home Improvement

Thanks for the reply. Had a look at the suggested lot and found other problem on easement, which i will asked in separate thread.

26/04/2024
Choosing lighting pendants that will comply with standards

Lighting + Lighting Design

I am trying to find lighting for kitchen, dining areas but looking online, I don’t know if there are specific details I should be looking at to make sure any lights I…

23/08/2023
Need advise on surfacing render interior wall

General Discussion

I am looking for someone who might have tackled a similar issue as me. I have a few rendered interior walls, the surface condition is hardly flat. I can see all the bumps…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum