Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Exterior colour help needed (especially windows!)

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

We are building our new house and doing our heads in (okay, probably more so I'M doing my head in!) when it comes to selecting exterior colours. I'm hoping somebody can help straighten my poor brain out...

Our current choices:

The below render shows Shale Grey roof, Woodland Grey gutters & fascia, Woodland Grey windows and Woodland Grey downpipes. (We would actually match the downpipes to the render, so ignore the contrast!)

Render is Dulux Vanilla Quake but shows up much paler/whiter in real life. The tiled feature wall juts out by 600mm, so it's not all a flat facade. The feature tile looks brownish in the elevation but in real life it's definitely a grey with the slightest hint of warmth. It does not tone well with certain greys - e.g. we've tested it with colours like Shale Grey/Solver Castle Grey/Tranquil Retreat/Milton Moon/Flooded Gum. Most of those colours seem to throw blue when placed alongside our tile (aside from Flooded Gum, which isn't bluish).

ROOF - Either Surfmist or Shale Grey, for reasons of thermal efficiency

GUTTERS - Undecided, but either to match roof OR to match windows if contrast is needed
FASCIA - Undecided, but possibly Monument OR to match windows to create a "shadow line" of sorts
DOWNPIPES - To match render)

FEATURE TILE - "Moonstone Grey" in 300x600

[img=211x211]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/81983_1515066722.jpg[/img]

WINDOWS - Our only options are: Pearl White, Anodic Grey (i.e. silver), Woodland Grey, Night Sky

GARAGE DOOR - Gliderol Native Range "Golden Oak"

FRONT DOOR - Timber, stain to match garage door as closely as possible

BRICKS - (Only visible down the sides and back of the house) Austral Bricks "Chiffon" with off-white rolled mortar. Pictured below with Woodland Grey (which looks good from the outside, but...see notes below).

[img=272x273]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/81983_1515066449.png[/img] [img=326x272]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/81983_1515066458.png[/img]

Our key thoughts about window colours are below:

My key questions are:

The window colour conundrum seems to be the biggest issue we're facing, but similarly the overall front facade scheme may need some tweaking...any and all help much appreciated!
I've been very busy....I'm so sorry. I'm back to the forum as of this weekend.

Did you still need help?
Related
6/10/2023
Bick tiles on cement sheet - exterior wall cladding

General Discussion

Hi, Currently building, we are on a sloping block so we have from floor level to the roof in axon cladding. Below floor level to the ground I want to put brick facings /…

3/12/2023
Recommendations for quick and cheap updates for the exterior

Renovation + Home Improvement

1. Roof cleaning and paint - which colour do you recommend? I often see black/ dark grey in use these days but I would prefer…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum