Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Wall painting

Page 1 of 1
Hello. I have some questions to you.
I'm leaving my parents with my future bride for a new apartment. In this apartment is necessary to do the overhaul.

In my parents' house, I have my own room and I painted it with acrylic paints (photo at the bot.).
Parents used paint to cover the walls, so, no wallpaper there. And I was uncomfortable to paint on it.

Question 1
- advise me please a good paint for interior walls of the same light beige hue, only suitable for further acrylic painting.
Question 2
- I will also be grateful for the advice of applying this paint to the wall - what to use - roller, spray or something else?

Thank you all in advance.

Hi Volkov.... so what your asking is, you need to paint over whats on the walls at the moment?
The acrylic paint you used was it an artist paint or a proper wall paint??
I would like to know as well what is a good paint type to cover acrylic. Usual paint would require a few coats to fully cover it all up so if there is any type of paint that could provide good coverage within just a single layer to save time and costs. As for the application, I would suggest to use a roller for a smoother texture throughout the application.
dulux wash and wear superhide tinted to the correct colour should be able to do it in one coat if the person painting can reload the roller after every rollerwidth straight up and down.
I would like to know as well what is a good paint type to cover acrylic. Usual paint would require a few coats to fully cover it all up so if there is any type of paint that could provide good coverage within just a single layer to save time and costs. As for the application, I would suggest to use a roller for a smoother texture throughout the application.
Related
5/03/2024
Painting Acrylic rendered retaining wall

General Discussion

Thanks mate, is there a standard off the shelf type breathable product I can apply DIY? Thanks

14/07/2023
Painting Multifinish Plaster

Building A New House

Hi, Have used the Dulux 1 step, oil base on my walls(white set), out of can it’s already a more thinner product than a final coat paint Also in water base Water or…

6/04/2024
Painting help please

General Discussion

Thanks will do.

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum