Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Estimate on converting garage into livable space

Page 1 of 1
Hello all! We would like to convert our attached garage into livable space! Any idea how much something like this would cost? We basically just want it to be 2 more bedrooms and possibly a small powder room. Thanks for any help you can offer!
Hi.... this would be better up in the building forum. You might get a good reply there.
Before you start on cost estimate you will need assessment on whether it can actually be done to comply with building regulations.
You should talk to a building surveyor first, then have plans drawn up, then you can get a meaningfull estimate from the builder.
Related
7/04/2024
Cost converting spare bedroom into a bathroom

Bathrooms and Laundry

start from at least $20,000 just for fixtures and finishes and then add on for moving plumbing and extra for a concrete floored house last new bathroom we installed in a…

5/03/2024
Converting window to door

General Discussion

If I hire a contractor to convert a window to a sliding door will I need to show them Council approval paperwork? That is, if I want to take a risk of carrying out the…

31/01/2024
Enclosing the space above kitchen cabinets question

Kitchen Corner

You can really use anything you want the main consideration would be how it looks once painted/finished - or the look you want. Cabinetmakers use MDF because its cheap…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum