Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Taubmans Ageless or Winter Ice

Page 1 of 1
Hey guys,

What colour between the two would you recommend with a light grey tile and white kitchen?
Average lighted living area / kitchen, bedrooms on the Southern side.

Also would you go with the same colour for architrave, skirting and doors or change to a white as the ceiling to have a bit of contrast?

Kitchen is polytec classic white sheen.
The tiles are attached.

Also found a couple of pictures to give an idea about the final effect (tile are not the same but similar). Just look to the tiles and cabinet.

Thanks

I don't know if this is of any use to you now, but we've used Ageless and while I like it a lot, our tiles are a bit cream. Ageless can throw a yellow or even green in some light. I don't know that I would use it with a grey tile.
I would suggest to go buy the paint sample from Bunnings and test out the colour, if you can.
Or google the paint sample colour to see what the whole room would look like.

We picked 'Winter Ice' based on the tiny sample in the booklet - it appeared to be a light grey.
We've only seen one coat of paint on the wall so far, but it looked like it had yellow in it. We were actually going for the grey white instead of the yellow white
We recently used a Taubmans colour, very white with a hint of grey - now I just have to remember what it was called.....Tahira White! It is a 'three coat system' though, 2 coats wasn't enough (your builder may charge more for 3 coats).

We used Crisp White Gloss for the architraves, doors etc.

Here is an idea of it, it looks white but you can see the difference between the ceiling and the walls.

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv26/nataisha19/wall%20colour_zpsd6pjxifp.png
http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv26/nataisha19/finish%20kitchen_zps7lumimr1.jpg
I recently bought 2 sample pots and found Ageless to be too creamy yellow for my liking.

Winter ice is more of a crisp white.
Related
27/05/2024
Help! Getting my garden and home ready for winter

Interior Decorating Lounge

Hey everyone, With winter just around the corner, I'm starting to think about how to prepare my home and garden for the cooler weather. Winters can be a bit surprising,…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum