Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Before & Afters -80's Red Brick Beachhouse Budget Reno

Page 1 of 1
Just sharing some before & afters of my reno. Did most of it ourselves & its now available for holiday rental (just google 'Southerly Change Gerroa'). Nearly all furniture/fixtures/appliances etc came from ebay & gumtree...

Very nicely done.
thanks Berek
That's really impressive! Whereabouts are you based and how did you guys open up the wall opening?
Thanks... house is at Gerroa (on the coast, 1-2hrs south of Sydney). We widened the wall by taking the edges back to two studs... then framing the top with timber. Kinda hard to explain, probably lots of youtube videos showing how its done!
Related
18/09/2023
Adhesive seals for western red cedar windows

Windows & Doors

I’m restoring all my 40yr old windows and I want to install seals around the casements. I’ve sanded back and oiled the frames with sikkens. My plan is to box up inside…

6/07/2023
Renovation on a budget

Renovation + Home Improvement

Coming back to your old stomping grounds, huh? Renovations on a budget can be quite the journey. It's like giving your house a new lease on life. The twist of not knowing…

9/07/2023
Would you do this reno?

Renovation + Home Improvement

Bought in Nov 21 at the height of the market (classic). Good area, atrocious floor plan. BUT has land out to the left-hand side that we can extend out on (see second…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum