Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Need help with kitchen/caesarstone colours

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

First time poster here

We are having a renovation/kitchen done and I have chosen colours for the cabinets and walls but I'm struggling with benchtop and splashback colours.

Our selections are:

cabinets - dulux white duck full strength, satin finish with a shaker profile
walls - dulux natural white
ceiling - dulux natural white 1/2 strength
sink - blanco silgranit anthracite
handles - polished nickel
floors - tassie oak

Room is east facing but with windows on the north and south side so it gets plenty of light.

I'd like a light coloured benchtop that stands out a bit from the cabinets and was originally thinking caesarstone organic white but now I think it might look a bit stark against the other colours. I want the kitchen to feel bright and welcoming and I prefer colours on the warmer side. I have a small sample of caesarstone ice snow which I think might be okay but it's so hard to tell with such a tiny sample! Was thinking of picking up a sample of osprey as well.

Splashback will be tiled. Possibly in a bright white but open to suggestions!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ann-Marie
Hi Ann-Marie,

This is a lovely combination!! Good work!

The Ice Snow works well as the little bits within the benchtop actually pick up the Dulux White Duck in your cupboards, without being too overwhelming.

The only other colour Caesarstone I could suggest is Alpine Mist with a bright white splahback. This colour would also work well with the shaker style panels.

Also having a white splashback will really lift and brighten your kitchen and reflect light back into the space.

Another alternative is glass splashback, painted in White Duck 1/4 strength. But I think your tile option will add lovely texture!!

Hope this helps!

Deanna

Thanks so much for your help Deanna!

I have a sample of the ice snow and the osprey now and they both look great. The osprey seems to give more of a pop/contrast but I'm guessing they will both look really white as big surfaces. I can definitely see the colour match in the ice snow and the white duck.

I have another question if you're up for it... I'm having 3 pendants above the island benchtop and I was thinking of getting black pendants with a shiny copper inner surface. Do you think that would look okay? I feel like the room will need a bit of contrast so that it doesn't look too washed out but I'm worried that the black might look too harsh or out of place.

Thanks again for your suggestions and feedback.

Ann-Marie
Hi Ann-Marie,

I hope this reply isn't too late for you, I'm not online as often as I used to be

Just thought I would comment because my kitchen is very similar colours to your selections (Tassie oak floors, white shaker cabinets, and white ceiling).

I ended up choosing Alpine Mist, and I still think it's absolutely gorgeous! It brings colour into the kitchen without being too overpowering, as is my favourite thing in the whole house. If you go the Organic White I think it could look a little too stark / white. I ended up going a white tiled splashback, but wish I had have chosen something with a bit more colour.

There's lots of pics on my thread if you want to have a look.
Related
24/10/2023
Need advice - vinyl over kitchen tiles

General Discussion

Levelling compound Ardit is the best but buy a bag of sand and make sand dam to protect your wood floor

8/07/2023
Need help with flooring options

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi there, I'm a conplete newbie to this, but I'm looking to put a floor down in my 6x9m shed. It's currently sitting on a 100mm thick concrete perimeter (dirt floor…

25/04/2024
Owner Builder : Need some help

Owner Builder Forum

Hi VK, Think it's worth investing time in an Owner Builder course to equip you with basic knowledge on Australian Building Industry and its regulations. Also, I suggest…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum