Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Interior colour selection with concrete floors

Page 1 of 1
Treeseachanger
TomCat your mood board and schemes are beautiful!!

Michelle, and anyone, I am wanting some suggestions on a neutral colour throughout the interior, the floors are charcoal polished concrete. I will have a red brick splashback with off white mortar in the kitchen and some turquoise/teal accents in with grey/charcoal and white to ensuite and the main bath is greige toned.
Here's my list, I need it cut down!
Natural white, manorburn, tranquil retreat, vivid white, White duck quarter- I am also partial to Taubmans colours. Just don't have a colour chart of them handy.
There are so many other off whites/greys to choose from! Taupe (or greigey) suggestions are also welcomed!

Michelle
Treeseachanger...I'd stick with a light bright white - Natural White.
Tranquil Retreat is a little too dark for internal walls throughout.

TomCat
Thanks TC
White Duck quarter sounds good. Don't know other colours but love WD and can imagine it with red, charcoal and teals/turquoises very nicely

Michelle
Treeseachanger
thanks TCat and Michelle!
I will get those two samples and have a play around.
I was also wondering what you think about using a pale blue/green colour in the living and kitchen (north facing):
Sherwin williams
SW 6210Window Pane
Color Family: Blue
Color Strip: 31
RGB Value: R-216 | G-224 | B-218
Hexadecimal Value: #D8E0DA
LRV: 73
It would be half or quarter strength, and in Dulux so not exact, plus this pic is full strength:

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b609/WestAussieforeva/Window%20pane_zpsmpe95srr.jpg

Michelle
A nice soft colour.. so a country feel kitchen?

Treeseachanger
Actually it's semi industrial/country...

Michelle
Nice combo!

Michelle
Still needing help?

Michelle
Treeseachanger
Yes please, do you think Window pane will be better in half or quarter for the north aspect?

Here's the brick splashback wall:

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b609/WestAussieforeva/Kitchen%20feature%20wall_zpscqjigoee.jpg

Benchtops are silver shadow formica, cupboards designer white polytec.

Window pane? or frame?

Michelle
Treeseachanger
"Window pane" is the colour name, sorry. Window frames are actually white pearl....

Is "window pane" a Dulux colour?

No it's actually Sherwin Williams. I was thinking of a knockoff.
Michelle
Treeseachanger

Sherwin williams
SW 6210Window Pane
Color Family: Blue
Color Strip: 31
RGB Value: R-216 | G-224 | B-218
Hexadecimal Value: #D8E0DA
LRV: 73

Treeseachanger
I've tried Dulux white box half in the meantime, but it's very very pale..

sanjam
Hi, Taubmans Chancellor is a very close match.
Well done!!!! I'll be in tomorrow night to look over it all!
Like it full strength, its not a dark colour.

Great, thanks for that, Michelle. I like that it's not green and not blue but sitting somewhere in between. Will post when I can put the samples in the house!!
Related
26/02/2024
Need help on wall colour selection

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi there, we have classic cream gutters, fascia’s, roller door and undercover carport. We are are going to paint the roof a terracotta orange colour. After some…

20/04/2024
Colour Selection: Comments / Feedback

Building A New House

I am building Enfield 201 by Mimosa Homes - York Facade Link: https://www.mimosahomes.com.au/new-homes/enfield-201/ I did my colour appointment last week. I am looking…

24/07/2023
Firstyle Tile Selection

General Discussion

Hi Kaiser85, We are building with Firstyle Homes. Our build has just started, slab pour is on Saturday (hopefully!). Their standard range is pretty good. We did our…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum