Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Solver sample cards

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone

Just wondering how accurate everyone has found the sample cards you pick up from the solver shop? I have just noticed that on a lot of threads that some solver renders seem to look darker. I'm not sure if this is due to the render being acrylic or whether it's just a difference of computer screens?
Lars
Hi everyone

Just wondering how accurate everyone has found the sample cards you pick up from the solver shop? I have just noticed that on a lot of threads that some solver renders seem to look darker. I'm not sure if this is due to the render being acrylic or whether it's just a difference of computer screens?

I tell everyone including my clients....never paint anything until you have bought yourself a sample pot and tried it out with 2 coats!
You will find a lot of people will not have a properly calibrated monitor, so colours will look different from monitor to monitor. You can then add in different camera settings and the lighting in the room and how the camera picks up on the colour temperature of the different lights.

Flourescent tubes colour temperature gives a green tinge, whereas the old incandescent globes would give a reddish tinge to it.
I just bought 2 new monitors.... its very important for me to have a crisp colour on my monitors. Full gloss.
My tower cost me $2000 and is fitted with one of the best graphic cards.

Not everyone can have this sort of set up in their home though.
Back to the sample pots....
Thanks for the replies. I have a collection of sample pots going on. I think the problem is that people are using paints in different percentages and it's making some paints look completely different lol
You are exactly right on there, that is what happening.
To be able to correctly render colours on a PC monitor, you need a very good quality monitor which will cost between $1500 and $2000. Then it must be calibrated at least every month using special software and a colour calibration device - another $500 odd dollars.
The sample pot used with the correct primer or undercoat, with the correct number of coats and on the same substrate as will be used in the finished job is the only way to get an accurate result. Even then it will look different in different lights.
Related
You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum