Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

House Entrance Feature wall ideas. I'm not an arty farty

Page 1 of 2
Hi Everyone. I am so stuck on my feature wall in the entrance of our house. I want it to say WOW when you come in. I really wanted to find a wallpaper of a busy degraves street in B&W or something to do with Melbourne. (i love my city) But then I came across this.

It is a massive decision and I am no good at colour schemes

Our house is a Henley Monaco Q1. the pic below is an old picture when we built. It will be going on the wall with the garage door on it. A nice long hall table and a feature light.

Any help or advice on how I should approach the Entry would be absolutely fabulous.
Cameron32
:th:

i know!
Some say "feature" walls are de rigueur - others that it is old fashioned.

But - maybe just a different shade of what you have elsewhere - ie lighter or darker. Its amazing what this can do - and how shadow affects it.
I have used those landscape wallpapers before. One word of advice: to me, they only look good head on. When you see it from the side, light glare ruins the effect.

Also, would you really want to put a hall table up against this? I would want it to be a large piece of art that stops you for a moment, to take in the feeling. I'm not sure it would be best showcased on that long wall.
That would be a rather overwhelming feature to have. If that's what you're going for then great...

What about a more standard lovely slim console table with a beautiful big mirror or a few framed pictures above it, and some pots etc next to it? Too conventional?
Thanks everyone for your advice. That's why i wanted to feed off so I don't go out spend all the money and I end up approaching it the wrong way. I saw this print and loved it. Even if i get it framed as artwork rather then the whole wall. Get the slimline hall table, nice subtle lamp with a couple of pots for colour.
I do have wedding, travels and family pictures on the other wall.
If you have photos in the hallway already then I would avoid adding an unrelated piece of art as it will a)clash and b) be too busy. A mirror might work though.
If the door and vent were not there, I might do a stone/tile cladding of some sort along that wall.
Textured Wall Paper would be the go, as others have said, without the image being front on, I reckon it wouldn't POP as much as you'd like it too.
Oooh yeah textured wallpaper! Great idea. Love it.
oohhh didn't think of textured wall paper! That would be so much better and still give the same wow factor. Now to find somewhere that has textured wallpaper.

I have narrowed down 2 hall tables. I think if i choose the table first and then choose the wall to suit. They are the same just different shade. Colour is very important

or

i am getting excited
I love those tables, particularly the bottom one!
Yes I would suggest wallpaper - textured or otherwise. My personal preference would probably lean towards non textured but it's personal choice and depends on the overall feel you are trying to achieve.

As for an image possibly not being suitable due to it not being 'head on' and not being able to take it in properly - depends what is opposite that wall. If it is a living area or some other area where you can sit and admire the image head on - or you would walk towards the image from that room and therefore it would be 'head on'... then it could most definitely work. If it is just a walkway and nothing else, then maybe it is something to reconsider based on the comments mentioned in the previous posts. Don't rule it out though - I think if it is something that you like the idea of, just think more about how it could work or how it would look from different angles.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
I agree with the others, I don't think a landscape wallpaper would work in that space.

I like the idea of a textured wallpaper though. Make sure you post pics when it's done!
Bumping this thread as i am currently searching for a supplier of textured wallpaper.

A local place has what im looking for but at $190 per square meter!! I nearly died..

The wall i want it applied to is an end of hall wall, only about 2m x 1m, but at that price no thanks!

Any help?

Did you end up finding a supplier??
Have you checked out Houzz.com for some ideas? They might have something useful there to consider...
Dream_Catchers
Bumping this thread as i am currently searching for a supplier of textured wallpaper.

A local place has what im looking for but at $190 per square meter!! I nearly died..

The wall i want it applied to is an end of hall wall, only about 2m x 1m, but at that price no thanks!

Any help?

Hi there - I've recently come accross this supplier of wall papers http://www.pickawall.com.au/

I haven't tried them but they look amazing - and they do samples
Dream_Catchers

Any help?

Dear Dream_Catchers,
May I ask are you still looking to buy wallpaper?

We do custom made wallpapers(beach view or 3D view etc) to perfectly fit with each individual wall size at an affordable low price. $30 Per Square Meter with great quality waterproof materials. If you are interested, please visit our website: www.housedecorations.com.au

I can make a quote for you if you can provide me the height and length of the wall.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions
Best regards,
Sophie 0433049776
http://www.eurowalls.com.au/wallpaper/

Related
7/09/2023
Black Main Entrance Door in North East-Facing House

Building A New House

The warning is on the sticker on the door too. Second the aluminium powdercoat

30/05/2024
Widening of front entrance doorway

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi all, new to this forum. I need some advice me what is the process and how much it should cost me. The current door size is 820mm and I want to change it to a wider…

1/11/2023
Ideas for Privacy Wall?

General Discussion

Hi guys We have just removed a very large grape vine which was mounted to a structure along this wall. This is a shared wall with our neighbour, and after removal, we…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum