Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Kitchen benchtop help... beige tiles and a white kitchen?

Page 1 of 1
So we are building a house and I'm a bit unsure on our benchtop.

Here are our current colour selections:

Our floor tile that we have already bought:

Our Kitchen layout:

Ceiling /Cornice - Ceiling White

Walls - Smoke Pearl (Solver)

Skirting / Architrave - Smoke Pearl semi-gloss

Windows / Reveals / Frames - Smoke Pearl semi-gloss

Doors - Smoke Pearl semi-gloss

Flooring - Beaumonts Solutions Dark Beige (http://www.beaumont-tiles.com.au/AllPro ... &pid=49214)

I love white kitchens but i feel like because the floor tile is quite beige i'd have to incorporate beige into the benchtop, such as why i have picked Lunar Stone. Otherwise it might look odd?
Anyone have any thoughts or advice? New to all of this

Thanks
I think the Luna Stone should work well.
Thanks Michelle.
Do you think if we did change to a more white benchtop that it would bring out any pink in the tiles?

Wish we had chosen a more neutral coloured tile but we bought them at a such great price.
Are you able to get a photo of the tile NOT on the other tiles under it?

They are throwing off their own colour......
can you put the tile maybe on the back veranda if you have one and take a photo.
I don't have the tiles at home anymore

But here are a couple more photos of it next to our white tile that will be going on the walls in our bathrooms:

Could you suggest any other benchtop colours similar to Lunar Stone but lighter? Alpine Marble maybe?

Also, should the doors and window trims be painted the wall colour Smoke Pearl in semi-gloss, or should i get them painted in white semi-gloss?
Would that bring out the Parchment cupboards?

Thanks
Lunar_Pearl
I don't have the tiles at home anymore

But here are a couple more photos of it next to our white tile that will be going on the walls in our bathrooms:

I can't see pink in the tiles......
Lunar_Pearl
Could you suggest any other benchtop colours similar to Lunar Stone but lighter? Alpine Marble maybe?

Also, should the doors and window trims be painted the wall colour Smoke Pearl in semi-gloss, or should i get them painted in white semi-gloss?
Would that bring out the Parchment cupboards?

Thanks

Can't find the Alpine Marble?? Is that Laminex?

Trims - What profile are you having for your skirting?
If they are wide then yes make them another colour to highlight them, if they are a narrow profile paint them the same colour as the wall so they blend in.
I haven't seen many photos of white kitchens with beige tiles, so i'm having trouble trying to visualise it.
I'd have to stay away from grey undertones i'd assume.
I'm thinking of incorporating whites and browns in decor to compliment the beige?

Formica Alpine Marble:

Lunar Stone:
Yes....all that will work, and yes, stay away from greys.

Either of the laminates are fine to me.....
Michelle
Yes....all that will work, and yes, stay away from greys.

Either of the laminates are fine to me.....

Thanks heaps Michelle

Would you say White Valencia has a grey undertone? or would it work quite well with the warmer tones?
I'll be popping to the kitchen place for bigger samples to help make a final decision sometime this week...
yes, its got a grey vein running through it.
But its not too big a problem....colour wise.
Related
6/05/2024
Royal beige and Royal beige quarter

General Discussion

Hi has anyone done Royal beige and royal beige quarter together on their walls? Quarter being the wall colour. Photos and opinions would be great 😊 Thank you

14/04/2024
White based tiles for both Indoor living & Outdoor Alfresco

Building A New House

thanks. the above one is white Mat tiles and have gripness so going for this Mat tiles for both indoor and outdoor. Beaumont told it can be used in both indoor and…

1/04/2024
Holes in mitred edge of stone benchtop

General Discussion

Hi Courtney The mitred edges are glued up with epoxy so those little holes and gaps are areas that weren't filled correctly. Silicone is the wrong product to fill them…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum