Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Toy room organisation/inspiration- Show us your toy room!

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Wondering if anybody who has a toy room would like to share what they did with it?????

Going to have one in my build and need some inspiration as to how to set it out and organise all the toys!

Would love to see some pics or here some ideas.
Hi there,

This isn't exactly a toy room, it's more a corner of our big open plan kitchen/living that we dedicated to controlling the toys! It actually works really well for us. At the time the photo was taken the shelves were quite empty but a few birthdays/christmases later they are full! It keeps things looking very neat, but allows the kids access to the toys all the time and displays them so they always are inspired to grab different things. Also makes it quite easy to pack things away.

I should add we have obviously quite young kids. Baby and 3 year old.

Final iPhone Transfer 077 by Em_Brisbane, on Flickr
Thanks for the photo EmyN. Yes I think these book shelves are good for easy access. Will need some of these.

Looks so neat! Does it always stay that way?
Sorry not the best photo but all I have on my phone

Actually that's what is so good about those shelves. It only takes 2-3 minutes to shove a whole roomful of toys away and it always manages to look neat somehow. The small random stuff that kids collect go into the red and blue drawers along the bottom, the big toys like the space station on the left can sit on top of the bookshelf, and the ride-on toys just get parked around the outside of the room. It's so easy even the 3 year old can help tidy things away!

LeanneR I love your mural! We have something similar in our nursery. And that basketball hoop on the wall is a fantastic idea!
Theres a chalkboard wall decal underneath the hoop also

We also have a wooden garage attached to a LACK green table also now. I should prob clean up their room and take new photos haha
Leanne I LOVE that wall decal!!!

Where can I get these???
I have 4 wall decals in my house (will add photos if you want)
They are all from 'My Friend Matilda' - can be found on FB or etsy
You can also find many many decals on etsy. I like MFM as they awesome quality. Go on so thin it's like paint. I tried eBay ones once and they were awful
Awesome thanks for the referral!!!

Feel free to post pics, we want to do some in the kids rooms / activity area.

Edit - these are from America??? Do they take long to get here??

They are pricey but OMG they look so beautiful we will be ordering some v soon!!!!
My daughters room

My sons robot

My laundry

Shame i can't/won't be taking them with me. As you said pricey. Luckily I won 2 of them through competitions

I've got small one in mind for daughters new room & ill prob get another robot for my son haha. Don't think ill be adding any others

Can't remember how long they took as I ordered them before my house was ready haha. Wasn't a long time though. I find overseas postage faster then getting post from overeast most the time haha
Wow Leanne, love those decals. Great toy room too.
LeanneR
My daughters room

Very nice!!
Just bumping for some more ideas

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
We have not long finished "redoing" our kids toy room. Our kids are aged 8, 6 and 3 and are mad Lego fans so the two hand pulls you can see under the tv section pull out. One is a flat bed around 2m long, this is used a building platform or driving circuit and the other is a deep drawer the same length divided into 2 sections - one for Lego and one for cars.

Fancy lights underneath hehe

I'll have post photos once I finish my kids new activity area
Some more decal ideas for you
We actually used those same Ikea cabinets as in the above post in this room but glued in the corners little wooden triangles with hearts cut out and painted with the same pink. Just not in these shots which I was looking for viewtopic.php?f=6&t=62052
Related
27/07/2023
Adding a toilet/wash room to small house

General Discussion

Hey, I am wanting to add a second toilet to my house, bit we have limited room. There is a hallway/entry that is never used, so was thinking this could be an option. Only…

18/08/2023
Tv Fireplace placement in large lounge room

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, My first post, we are building a house and can’t decide the layout of the lounge room. We have a large N/W facing window and are wanting to have a wood slow…

14/12/2023
Dark living room

General Discussion

sorry mate, not wasting more time on this. Youve completely missed the mark on some fundamentals and regardless of how many times i try and put it to you differently, you…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum