Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Please cast your eyes over my colours :)

Page 1 of 1
Hoping Michelle and others can have a look at my colours to see what you think, I am closer to finalising our choices!
Bathroom will be floor to ceiling tile below with Formica Limed Ash cabinet and benchtop

Floors in all living areas will be Himalayas or Rocky, near the bottom of this catalogue http://www.floatingfloors.com.au/sites/ ... ochure.pdf

And Kitchen will be Formica velour cabinet in Snowdrift with French Nougat Essastone bench, with wattyl Moody White walls... the shade of white walls seems to be the hardest thing. It needs to be of a cooler hue, but not too blue. The other option is the Wattyl Calcium...

(please ignore orange tinge- it is from the light on the camera)
Nice job meowsy, well done!

Carpet in the bedrooms??
Hi Meowsy,

Love all your colours they really go well.
Just a thought on your walls colour, have you looked at Wattyl Divinity? We have just painted (today actually) our kitchen, dining and family room and the colour is fantastic. Lovely brown tones which will go really well with your Essastone. I have just had our kitchen done and we have Essastone Frappe with parchment 2 pac doors which are very similar colours to what you have picked for your kitchen. We had previously painted with Divinity and it just goes so well with a lot of colours.

Just a suggestion

Cheers

Jo
Michelle, carpets will be confirmed down the track (because the colours are quite neutral I think it will be pretty easy to find something that ties in), but probably something kind of like this http://www.godfreyhirst.com/pdfs/HYCRAF ... epoint.pdf . Hard to see on a monitor the colours but I have in mind a wool loop pile with a bit of texture, in a warm greyish mid tone colour.

eta: do you think I am on the right track with the white paint choice?

Joanne, thanks for the suggestion! The parchment I love, but is a bit warmer than the look we are going for, I wonder if the divinity might be a bit warm from what you are saying....i will consider it though
Although it doesn't look it in your pictures, Moody White is a white white, which doesn't throw any other colour at all. It's slightly warmer/dirtier than builders or ceiling white.
mimi, ok, that is good. That is what we are after I think, a soft white with greyish undertones...
My timber flooring sample came from Pegulan yesterday, it all looks great together. Everything is starting to come together now! I will post a pic later
Related
24/08/2023
Devil in the eyes

General Discussion

Where ethics are absent, money takes center stage, turning business minds into puppeteers of moral decay.

17/06/2023
Modular above ground pool over Private Sewer line

General Discussion

Hi everyone, Looking for some advise. We are about to build an above ground pool in our backyard. There is a private sewer line running under the pool at 1.6m…

3/07/2023
Butchered concrete over overflow relief gully

General Discussion

Much a do about nothing. You can see the fall heading to the actual drains. Stormwater ingress will be minimal and it's far better to have the top sitting flush rather…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum