Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Fireplace frame finish or colour - help please

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone - I am struggling to decide what to do with our gas log fire place.

This is what the room looks like - it is an open plan kitchen/dining/lounge of almost 100sqm- the photo shows about half the room. On the right of the fireplace will be a large television and some sort of shelving and low line cabinetry (not sure yet). A large modular lounge will fill the area in front of the television and fireplace

My questions

What do you think would look best for the frame for the fireplace?

Plaster painted in a grey colour or something like a bluestone tile? I am struggling and any ideas welcome!

The gas log fire is a Rinnai Symmetry in black

The floor will be bamboo - arrowsun beachwood

The walls will be wattyl alabaster - a light grey

Your choices so far look great.

I, personally, would be plastering and painting the fire place. I would also be keeping it the same colour as the rest of your walls (at least until you have lived with it for a while).

My parents have the rannai symmetry with 3 tall skinny mirrors above it. I think it looks good and would be too much if they had a tile or colour around fire as well.

Are you thinking of hanging anything on the wall above?? That answer might help you decide.
Related
18/04/2024
Hebel + steel frame vs brick+ timber frame

General Discussion

This is 100% true. You can not hang anything on steel frames. very frustrating

18/08/2023
Tv Fireplace placement in large lounge room

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, My first post, we are building a house and can’t decide the layout of the lounge room. We have a large N/W facing window and are wanting to have a wood slow…

29/09/2023
What did this fireplace look like and restoration suggestion

General Discussion

No the fireplace doesn’t work. It’s been enclosed. I’m not sure what was removed, as it was done quite some time ago - well before what I can see with photos online…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum