Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

how to dress these windows?

Page 1 of 1
hi i have very wide narrow windows in the bedroom and i'm just wondering how to dress them. i'm a shift worker and so will be sleeping in the day sometimes. there are two windows in our bedroom which are 0.6 x 2.7m. I'm tossing up between double roller blinds or plantation shutters. also if i went roller blinds should i do two or one? the house will be quite modern looking.
anyone have any thoughts?
There is quite a a bit of difference in price between your two options...Shutters are pricey. Can you post a pic of your windows?
if your a shift worker, I would go for the double blinds but make sure you get them to cover right to the outside of the window frame with the top blind. Some light still comes in with shutters. We have a blind, sheers and drapes on our windows as my Husband is a shift worker.
thanks, for the advice, i'll try and post a pic once i figure out how todo it. also we have a friend that owns a company that makes the shutters so may be able to get a discount. the windows can be seen on my blog, they are the ones on the facade.
Related
4/06/2024
Are these windows gaps and uneven brick finishing acceptable

Building A New House

B, You and I know each other well outside of the forum, and I really like you. So I am not meaning any ill will by the following comments. I have been with you on this…

16/07/2023
Elevated House - can these horizontal beams be removed?

General Discussion

yes they don’t hold up the house

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum