Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Help with internal colour pls

Page 1 of 1
We are building a new home (single storey, 2.7m ceiling, good light) and are going with dark bamboo flooring in 'brown sugar'.
And for wet areas grey tiles on floor and plain white tiles on wall.

For paint colours, here is what we have picked:
walls: dulux limed white full strength
ceiling, doors & trims: dulux peplum 1/4 strength

what do people think? I have tried sample pot of limed white and like it, but am still wondering if the whole house in that colour will be too dark, esp with dark floors?
Also does peplum 1/4 go with limed white?

any & all help appreciated. thanks
I think the Dulux Limed White is a great choice to go with your other colourings. Having the grey/white walls will help bring out the greys in your tiles and also not to stark as a contrast to your bamboo.

I have not used Peplum before as I always use the quarter strength of whichever wall colour you are using for the trims and keep ceilings Vivid White. This is a personal decision to always keep the ceiling available to go with any lighting.
This photo I have found shows Limed white full on the walls and half on the ceiling. You can see with a great deal of light it still appears very light and bright.
You posted this same question under another heading. Please refer to it for my reply.
thanks for your input guys. we've gone with limed white on walls & limed white 1/4 on doors & trims.
Related
15/06/2023
Internal sheeting of shed

Owner Builder Forum

Thanks. Yeh ideally that would have been good, but have progressed too far now. Hoping some well placed internal walls fixed up into the battens will provide some…

15/11/2023
Internal brick wall vs plasterboard - cost and acoustic?

Building A New House

Thank you alexp79 and gommeqld for your advice, that's very helpful, thanks

13/01/2024
Damp Internal Wall

General Discussion

You can use hairdryer

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum