Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Roof Colours

Page 1 of 1
Hi Michelle (+ everyone else),

I was hoping you might be able to point me in the right direction regarding my roof colour selections. I have been able to find many good suggestions on this site for matching different colorbond roofs with colorbond gutters and fascia but, alas, not so many where the roofing isn't colorbond.

We are using Boral concrete tiles as we couldn't justifyafford the extra $6K for colorbond
. Our preferred colour (at the moment, lol) is Storm Grey. I was wondering what colorbond gutters/fascias would best match this colour?

Our house is two storey and will also require other colours for the render, feature portico and colorbond cladding, etc. Hence, I was trying to minimise the overall number of external colours by getting as close a match as I can bewteen the roof and the gutters, fascias, downpipes and eaves as possible. Am I on the right track?

TIA, enigma+family
enigma_brennan….can you get me the link off the Boral site, so I can see the colour????

THANKS!!!
Michelle,

Sorry for the delay - I posted the question just before I left for work -the tile we like is the Macquarie in Storm Grey. The link is:-

http://www.boral.com.au/Article/Roofing_Insignia_Profile_NSW.asp?AUD=homeGarden_Rooftiles

Thanks Again
I'll have a look tonight for you!!
Nice colour choice EB!

Thanks Kiwi - we also loved some of the Colorbond colours but our budget didn't
!

Nice picture - I need to learn how to post photos - they make the threads so much more interesting.

and thank you Michelle - appreciate you taking the time to look at my question - wasn't sure if I made sense

Cheers All.

enigma+family
Made perfect sense!!!
enigma_brennan…..going off the photo that kiwi056 posted up (and thanks for that kiwi056, it’s a big help!!!) I have a few colours for you to look at.

Dulux

“Strap” which I think is probably the best one.
“Classic Blue” It’s a grey!
“Ito”

These are all greys that I think will match well with your roof colour, going from light to dark with the names.

These would be the colours for your gutters/fascias.

Now is there any chance you can supply me with a link to the home you are building so I can see that as well? Then we can move onto to sorting your other colours out

Thanks!!!
Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your suggestions! I don't have a link so I have attached a blank sketch
I will use that Dulux link you provided the other day to go and find your suggested roof colours and start filling in the colours (as soon as I work out how - small steps).

Anyway, this is my first attempt at attaching a picture, so fingers crossed.

[/img]

The house posted by Kiwi056 is very nice - my wife and I love the colours and are probably looking at something similar, to give you an idea of what we are thinking.

Thanks again - enigma+family
kiwi056
Nice colour choice EB!

Hey Kiwi,

where did you get that photo. it is of our next door neighbours house. you don't live next door do you
Ok, I will try again with a slightly different aspect and, hopefully, remove the frame.

[/img]
Ok, looks like I'm stuck with the borders around the images for now
But I will perservere and hopefully, by the time I work out how to paint the image, I will be able to post a slightly larger image with no borders
adamtram
Hey Kiwi,

where did you get that photo. it is of our next door neighbours house. you don't live next door do you

No I'm not a neighbour sorry, the photo is from Boral's website.
adamtram
kiwi056
Nice colour choice EB!

Hey Kiwi,

Gees……how funny’s that!
Just goes to show…it’s a small world!

I was going to make a comment about the colour on the fascia and gutters…..glade I didn’t now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Michelle, I guess this is one of the problems when photos are posted of other people homes, you just never know who knows who!

BTW here are some other photos of the same house.

The interesting thing is the photos are listed as NSW.
I think that's a M3con house... the Wingrove.
enigma_brennan….sorry for the delay in answering your question.
I will try and get to it over the weekend.

A little tired at the moment, having an office free day.
Michelle, good for you - I hope you enjoy your rest, you deserve it!

I just got home from work and am about to try and sort out how to insert your suggested roof colours into my computer photo - wish me luck

As for your colour suggestions there is no rush. I really appreciate what help you have already given me - so please, look after number one.

enigma+family
My colour suggestions –

Roof – Storm Grey

Gutters/Fascias/downpipes - Dulux “Ito”

C/bond Cladding – Woodland Grey

Render – Dulux “Strap”

Portico Feature - ………….would you like another colour other than grey?????
Hi Michelle, sorry about the delay in thanking you for latest suggestion - I've had a computer problem

I will go and look at the colours in the morning - it's been a long day - two kids under three, shopping for miss three's birthday present, then work, etc - everything is looking a bit grey to me at the moment, lol

Thanks again - enigma+family
Related
31/01/2024
Assistance with Exterior Roof and Brick Colours

Building A New House

Hi all, I am currently building through Simmonds and stuck deciding on my exterior cement roof titles and brick colours. The front and fascade of the house is a pretty…

2/10/2023
Custom build | Facade colours

Building A New House

I'd get the gutters to match your roof and pipes to match the paint - otherwise they become a feature. Nice pick with the paint colours!

5/02/2024
Provincial style hone external colours

Building A New House

The Dulux colour consultants are awesome. If you show them the photos they should be able to figure it out for you straight away

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum