Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Dulux Designer Grey??! New Q! Colour called "Pillow" ?

Page 1 of 1
We went away for the weekend and I loved the colour on the (internal) walls of the place we stayed at. We did a bit of snooping
and found some paint tins that had 'Dulux Designer Grey' handwritten on them (with drips of the wall colour down the side).

Problem is, I can't find that paint colour on the Dulux website?? In some light, the colour looked green, in others it was quite grey.

Can anyone help with a colour suggestion?

Pretty please

NEW QUESTION: A friend has painted her house with a colour called "Pillow" which is fairly white, but also greyish in some lights, pale creamish in others. ?!? She doesn't know what brand it was, the paint store just recommended it.

Has anyone heard of it and know what brand it is? I've tried searching Dulux, Taubmans and Wattyl but had no luck (could just be my searching skills!) Was hoping to be able to show my husband without taking a trip to the paint store first...
Was it part of their 'Design' range?
Also remember a colour you see elsewhere may not translate to your home with the same effect as how you saw it in the place you stayed. Maybe try and find a colour like it, without spending lots of time/effort trying to find exact one.
You should have pulled bits of drips of the tin.
Dulux can put it through their spectrometer and tell you exactly what colour is was.

Go back for another weekend.....
Thanks for the replies

No I couldn't find it anywhere on their site 4walls. Not even in the designer section?

Haha Michelle, not a bad idea except that it's so far away!

I'm desperately trying to find a similar colour but not having much luck!

Can anyone suggest a green/grey colour (Dulux or something else, doesn't matter)?

Thanks
You could phone or email the place you stayed, and ask if they'll kindly put a little bit of the paint you 'found' on some cardboard and send it to you. Then you can get it colour-matched. Tell them you're desperate! I always think, if you don't ask you don't get!
Dulux White Duck is a pretty popular grey/hint of green neutral.

We have Wattyl White Pepper throughout which is very similar. Looks greenish sometimes, other times looks more grey. It's not a cold colour though which is good!
Maybe ask the paint place to search for it on the master colour fan deck.
I found Dulux Designer Grey on the Indian Dulux website! It's in the second row, 4th from the right:

http://www.dulux.in/color_palette_main. ... 0NEUTRALS#

Call Dulux and ask them if they can tell you the Australian match.

Judie
Ohh, thanks Judie, I will give it a go!

I picked up some colour cards yesterday and my next favourite was actually White Duck, so that's good to know Joles! I'm going to try and get some sample tins today and see how we go!

Thanks everyone
just a thought have you contacted a dulux trade store in regards to the colour? you will most likely find that they could very well have the formula....if you try a hardware store such as bunning syou would most likely not have a chance, as they havent been around that long ....but you will find that good paint places keep brochures of past & present colour schemes so even if it isint in there current colour range they would most likely have the formula in there system.
Are you wanting something dark or light? If dark, I think Dulux Self Destruct has that grey green tone. We've gone for Dulux Blind Date which is a dirty grey with more red tones in it as it looks a bit mauve in some lights. It's again a dark colour but we have used half strength in smaller rooms.
ourdiydream
Are you wanting something dark or light? If dark, I think Dulux Self Destruct has that grey green tone. We've gone for Dulux Blind Date which is a dirty grey with more red tones in it as it looks a bit mauve in some lights. It's again a dark colour but we have used half strength in smaller rooms.

Self destruct can be a good colour but if it is used internally it can really enclose a room so it needs to be used either in open rooms or as a feature wall if used internally...I had a customer once who chose and were adament that it was a fantastic colour..who am I to argue....each to there own i guess....only to come back after it was completed to change there mind.
Another colour you might like is Dulux Grey Pebble. It has less green than White Duck but is still a warmish grey with brown undertones. One of my favourite "greige" colours.
excalabur245
just a thought have you contacted a dulux trade store in regards to the colour? you will most likely find that they could very well have the formula....if you try a hardware store such as bunning syou would most likely not have a chance, as they havent been around that long ....but you will find that good paint places keep brochures of past & present colour schemes so even if it isint in there current colour range they would most likely have the formula in there system.

Actually I was in my local bunnings the other day and it was obviously quiet as the lady was being incredibly helpful, anyway at one stage she got the dulux book out that appeared to have every colour dulux has not just the ones on the little cards as the one I chose they didn't have on a little card. It might be worth going into even bunnings and just asking them if they have the formula.
UPDATE: I didn't have any luck with contacting Dulux. I painted up some samples of White Duck half and have decided to go with it! Now comes the task of actually painting...

Thanks everyone!
UPDATE 2 - So after doing a trial of White Duck half - it doesn't look anything like we hoped
Have also done a sample of "white on white" which we don't mind, though it looks a little blue??

New Question: A friend has painted her house with a colour called "Pillow" which is fairly white, but also greyish in some lights, pale creamish in others. ?!? She doesn't know what brand it was, the paint store just recommended it.

Has anyone heard of it and know what brand it is? I've tried searching Dulux, Taubmans and Wattyl but had no luck (could just be my searching skills!) Was hoping to be able to show my husband without taking a trip to the paint store first...
I agree Dulux Grey Pebble is a fantastic colour. My painters talked me into only having it in 1/2 strength.
It is a lovely warm grey that goes with everything. Everyone that sees it loves it.
Good luck with finding your perfect grey.
Hi There

I found a colour swatch for 'Pilar' which sounds like the colour you are after.
Dulux should be able to mix the colour for you using this info.

http://www.color-swatches.com/tintas-co ... watch.html

It is a very close match to Haymes Bliss which might work for you half strength.

http://www.color-swatches.com/haymes/bl ... watch.html

I hope this helps.
Have you looked at Dulux Limed White? We have chosen it in half strength for all our walls.
Related
22/01/2024
What is this called?

General Discussion

It's a very unusual way of finishing a barge board. I'd say it was done by a handyman rather than a carpenter as there would normally be the barge and a scribe and no…

30/05/2024
I need the forum's help to find a new designer

Building A New House

I also notice that most the builds in Australia are really simplistic when it gets to the interior design and lighting design. Most of the builds are just offering off the…

2/09/2023
Architect vs designer vs builder

Renovation + Home Improvement

Your build is relatively simple, I believe your job can be easily done by a good building designer, you really do not need to pay for the architect. Remember, architect's…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum