Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Is the sofa meant to dictate the colour scheme for the room?

Page 1 of 1
We're trying to choose a sofa for our family room in our new place. It has to be 'family friendly' so light colours are out.

Magazines at the moment seem to show light coloured couches accessorised with coloured cushions, but this won't be an option for us. So if we choose a dark colour, will that set the colour scheme for the rest of the room?
Cathski…no, not necessarily!!

This where understanding the basic rule of colour comes in handy, heres a link to some info I put up.
Take some time to read about colour combinations, you will be surprised what goes with what , once you understand the rules!!

https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=2502

Good luck.

(My forum advice is a guide only)
Related
12/02/2024
colour scheme

General Discussion

I'm renovating - building a small extension at the back of the late Edwardian house. This is the first stage. Second stage of the renovation will be to replace roof on…

27/07/2023
Adding a toilet/wash room to small house

General Discussion

Hey, I am wanting to add a second toilet to my house, bit we have limited room. There is a hallway/entry that is never used, so was thinking this could be an option. Only…

18/08/2023
Tv Fireplace placement in large lounge room

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, My first post, we are building a house and can’t decide the layout of the lounge room. We have a large N/W facing window and are wanting to have a wood slow…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum