Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Shon's Shanty - Yahoooooo lounges!!

Page 1 of 7
Will be adding to this thread shortly...
You are such a tease
Darn it!

I just wrote a whole post for you, and its gone Mclaren!

And to be more of a pain...... I dont have time to add to my thread just this second.
So you'll have to wait till later today or tomorrow.
You should type it in word first!!
Hi All,

Ive just re-lived my whole building experience with finding these pics, haha so darn funny and annoying!!

Artwork in the master bedroom (which is still not up!)

Curtains for the master (now with blockout)

Front Loader Washing Machine

Energy Saving lights!

Still ugly orange sofas but they do that job….

The Gym

PS. 6 months inspection has allowed me to have the two chipped tiles replaced, the kitchen entry door repainted, front door fixed, hot water system turned up, an investigation into the strange texture on the laundry wall.

Shall keep on doing more things to the house till ALL the decorating has been done.

I have an idea for the dead wall next to the tv
(where the alfresco light switch is)

And we finally have a letterbox pillar (ok irrelevant but its news!) there is no picture till the letterbox has officially been mounted… which will be next week
shon,

How did your partner go in installing the downlights with the clipsal 413's installed.

was it easy getting around in the roofspace, im scared about putting too much weigh on the roof frame and/or putting foot through ceiling

also, what lights did you use and are you happy with them?
These are the lights,
http://www.beaconshop.com.au/index.php? ... t&Itemid=1

We are happy with them because they save energy

and the they are different to the standard downlight. The light gives off a white (not warm yellow) which is nice, they are also avail in warm for outside. They are bigger than normal lights and well we have rather a few in the living area but its not crazy bright.

Downsides:
they are beacon only so globes can only be bought from there
I think that they are european designed so slightly different to makeup but not too hard

Odd thing we have is sometimes they flash an orange light which looks like its inside the globe area, i have no idea what this is... but its a random thing and you wouldnt notice it unless you were looking at it.

No holes in the roof from foots, a few cracks from us by accident but thats really about it. Just stick to the beams and you'll be okay. We have lights wired inside the roof and planks for walking up there now, makes it really easy... plus the roof is roomie enough to become my secret storage area!
I will sign up here Shon!
Thanks Deemaree
Love all the twinkling lights in the living area shon
Thanks Tink.

Ok I need some help... ive tried nutting this out 100 times....

I have a problem like LaraJane....

I love hotel resort style, vintage, modern, beach & tropical style...
I dont like orange, i like turquoise and grey, white & black shades... also neutral because i hate things being dated.

So my pickel is, what style do I do? what do I do about this turquoise/blue colour that I love but im not convinced on annnndd if what art can you put on the wall that goes?

sigh.

This is my heaven: http://www.houseofturquoise.com/
This is my heaven: http://www.houseofturquoise.com/

Mmmmm ... that was nice ... love those colours!!!
Signing up here too

I would stick with the style you love hun. I think you can work with the orange couches for now... I know this has been suggested before, but maybe a cream throw or couch cover????
Hey Shon
We have gone for a black, white, grey and blue theme in our family room.
Our kitchen is polytec gloss white cupboards
Snow white stone benchtops
mirror splashback and 4 fixed square pendant lights over the island bench. The kitchen looks very modern however we have toned down the whole area by painting the walls kitty grey by solver. Then on the fireplace wall we have painted it a dark grey blue colour with latte leather sofas. The timber flooring is blackbutt in the wide plank pattern. For the window treatments we are getting white plantation shutters. As far as accessories we have a couple of old world vases with like a wallpaper flower print with magnolias and twiggs and the other with hydrangers.

The overall look has a beach look with modern contemporary twist while still able to get some glam and old world charm in there.

Come on over if you want to check it out.

Cheers

Luke
oooh I'm after one of those bamboo ladders for my ensuite, to hang towels on...

I have to admit... your orange sofas are actually growing on me!!!
(maybe I'm really tired
)
Hey Luke, you keep promising us pics!

Love the bamboo ladder shon
whats your e-mail address Tinkster??? I will e-mail them to you.
me too luke!!
I’m buying one of those ladders for my BF's new house this week.
Only I will hang towels on his in his en-suit.

Nice Shozilla.
Related
You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum