Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Facade color selection .. help !

Page 1 of 1
Hi all..

We are building the Porter Davis - Forestdale 29 (Allendale Facade) in Tarneit (Heartlands Estate) and have just finalized our colors, but we are not exactly sure if the colors we have picked for the facade will look good when they all come together at the build. Heartlands guidelines state that we must have full front rendering, and that's what's causing all the confusion.
Can you please give ur suggestions on our color selection below for the external colors & post some pics if anyone has similar colors..

Facade: Style: Full front rendering, Color - Self Destruct
Roof - Style: Macquarie tiles, Color - Ebony
Facia & Gutter - Colorbond Monument
Downpipes - Colorbond Jasper
Garage door - Style: Panelmasta Caprice, Color - Jasper
Windows - Style: Aluminium, Color - Jasper
Front door + frame - Style : Wooden, Stain : Solver Antique Walnut (Waiting for final costs at contract and if too expensive then we might convert this to standard door with jarrah color)
Bricks - Boral Jarrah
Mortar - Off White
Also we are putting 600mm eaves to the front having the white ceiling color.
Mouldings Sills Color: Colobond Jasper (Not sure what color to go with
)

Here's a similar facade with approx colors & without the eaves using Envisage:

http://www.porterdavis.com.au/#/homevie ... estdale/29
To see Allendale facade, click on the "view all facade options" link at the bottom left corner

Thanks in advance..
The eaves could look very bright, as long as you maintain neutral tones you should be fine. The colours in your picture look great.
Spa Matz
The eaves could look very bright, as long as you maintain neutral tones you should be fine. The colours in your picture look great.

Hi Spa Matz.. thanks for the reply. The reason we didn't mind having the white eaves was because we saw these at a display (pics attached below). I hope i got the color correct & it's a white color in the picture. I might have to check with PD if we can change the color of the eaves.

I like your colours, I think you have done well. I normally suggest white eaves as well, white reflects light, so to me a good choice.

Michelle
I like your colours, I think you have done well. I normally suggest white eaves as well, white reflects light, so to me a good choice.

Wow.. that's a big relief ! Really appreciate it

We had planned to go with "Fiji Sands" rendering color earlier, but decided to switch at the last moment as we thought ColorBond Jasper went well with "Self Destruct" rendering color. It is a bit darker color than "Fiji Sands" though
Michelle

Can i also please get ur opinion on Monument facia & gutters with the Ebony Roof tiles.. would they match & would ebony be too black? Can't seem to find any examples..
I wanted to go with Charcoal tiles, but that was almost a 6K upgrade and gunmetal seems a bit light... and then we have the jasper downpipes & windows. I hope we are not mixing too many colors ?
Can you supply me a link to the roof tile colour so I can see?
Michelle
Can you supply me a link to the roof tile colour so I can see?

Boral product link: http://www.boral.com.au/ProductCatalogu ... product=57
We r having second thoughts now.. i'm thinking it's going to be too dark for the look with the black roof + dark rendering + jasper doors + windows.. & I absolutely hate dark colored windows.
So here's what we've come up with over the weekend after much debates and arguments:

Roof Tiles Colour: Charcoal Grey
Gutter Colour: Colorbond Woodland Grey
Facia Colour: Colorbond Woodland Grey
Downpipe Colour: Colorbond Evening Haze
Front Garage Door Colour: Colorbond Evening Haze
Render Colour: Apparition
Moulding Sills Colour: Alta Sierra
Meter Box Colour: Colorbond Evening Haze
Aluminium Window Colour: Colorbond Surfmist
Front door: not sure..
EDIT - Eaves: White

I always wanted to go for the "Charcoal Grey" tiles, but when we went to our color selection appointment, the agent told us that they were an upgrade. When we went again over the weekend, they told us it wasn't an upgrade.
So, if it is not, we'll go with this color regardless of whatever theme we choose in the end.

Had the new color selection all finalized till today morning and then while driving to work wife drops the bomb; "Would this be too light" ???
So, would this be too light ?
Hi Baronx,

I would like to know how you got that pic from envisage....

I cant work out how...
ty

and I love the colours you have chosen
pedro.lyn.josh
Hi Baronx,

I would like to know how you got that pic from envisage....

I cant work out how...
ty

and I love the colours you have chosen

Good old copy paste mate
WELL IT DOESNT LET ME....
All good found the back door.... thankyou
Here's the almost-final revision of the colors:

Roof Tiles Colour: Charcoal Grey or Gunmetal
Gutter Colour: Colorbond Woodland Grey
Facia Colour: Colorbond Evening Haze
Downpipe Colour: Colorbond Evening Haze
Front Garage Door Colour: Colorbond Evening Haze
Render Colour: Apparition
Moulding Sills Colour: Alta Sierra
Meter Box Colour: Colorbond Evening Haze
Aluminium Window Colour: Colorbond Woodland Grey
Front door: Colorbond Woodland Grey
Eaves: White

Just a bit unsure about the render color we have chosen. It's the same color used at the Forestdale 29 display in Officer. It looks alrite in the photos, but I hope it doesn't come up as too dull/dark with the dark windows. Was also considering the Hog Bristle, but that seemed a bit too yellowish.

EDIT: Apparition is the render on the left:
Looks good to me!
Related
26/02/2024
Need help on wall colour selection

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi there, we have classic cream gutters, fascia’s, roller door and undercover carport. We are are going to paint the roof a terracotta orange colour. After some…

4/10/2023
Roof and Garage color

Building A New House

I would probably definitely consider contrasting out garage door (e.g. light ash would look great) and make downpipes and fascia same colour as your walls, not as your…

12/11/2023
Suggestions for acrylic render Color

General Discussion

Suggestions please for acrylic rendering Color to match austral brick urban one pepper. Pic for reference. Thanks

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum