Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

recycling old wardrobe

Page 1 of 1
Hi
I have taken out the components of a huge built in wardrobe and want to reuse them out in the open. Only problem is that they are UGLY. cheap melamine in a lovely shade of nicotine stains which I think was once called almond.
BUt all parts are sound so its a shame to landfill them.
What can I do? Paint? Stick on wallpaper? Paint the wall behind to stand out? Or do i have to resort to putting up a curtain in front of them?
I will put up a wall on either side. But how to transform?
have the same question.
1luckygirl
Hi
I have taken out the components of a huge built in wardrobe and want to reuse them out in the open. Only problem is that they are UGLY. cheap melamine in a lovely shade of nicotine stains which I think was once called almond.
BUt all parts are sound so its a shame to landfill them.
What can I do? Paint? Stick on wallpaper? Paint the wall behind to stand out? Or do i have to resort to putting up a curtain in front of them?
I will put up a wall on either side. But how to transform?

A photo would help
…..I’m a bit lost as to what you mean about use the components out in the open?
Related
8/08/2023
Polyurethane wardrobe door touch up

General Discussion

Normally you use builders bog. Polyurethane painting is basically the same principle as car panel beating and painting. All the prep work is the same and so is the…

11/09/2023
Built-in wardrobe: MDF?

Building A New House

Probably a not bad thing to mention particle board should in case anyone else reading this got the two confused.

26/06/2023
Restoration of old cupboard

General Discussion

Hi I bought an old cupboard that is in desperate need of some TLC. I was seeking some advice as to the best product to use to give it an oil but also bring it to life a…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum