Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Help with front door choice and exterior colours!!

Page 1 of 1
Hi! Just did a big post and it disappeared??? oh well here goes again....

Would love some advice on my front door and exterior colours.. at the moment I have chosen this.

roof, gutter, fascia, lourve, linea board and garage... shale grey
render and front door.... surfmist (or should I go more white like Solver White or Dulux Lexicon)

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/4340/whitedoor.jpg

or this is with a 1200 stain door

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/83/pivotstain.jpg

1200 stain door is sooo expensive and also not sure I should bring stained timber into the look as I don't have it anywhere else???

was thinking what about a 1020 white door (the same style as my original choice) and have it centred with no sidelights....(but there would be a bit of a rendered brick return though as the width is 1410) would this look funny? Like I was trying to avoid paying for an expensive pivot door!!!

Also would a pull handle look good on this even though it's not a 1200 door?

Am trying to achieve a coastal look as we are near the beach...

ANy advice would be appreciated!!!!!

first time posting photos so hope it works!
I like the second one with the timber door. What would be nice if you could would be a timber look garage door as well, the timber stain adds a bit of power to the front of your home.

If you go with your original white front door, I like the sidelight, it the same shame as your front windows and works in well with them.

Well done with posting photos!
Thanks Michelle... I like the stain door too but just don't know if the budget will allow! So that means upgrading to a stain look garage door is also out..oh well!

WHat do you think it would be like to have a painted 1020mm door centred with no sidelights? (so a size between the doors I posted).. painted the same colour as render..

Also what do you think of my colour choices? surfmist or lexicon for render?

decisions decisions!
I like the timber door as well
We have surfmist garage door and a pale grey render and two timber front doors, it's the only timber on the whole house and a nice feature, we are also on the coast and wanted a beachy look.
Well I like the first front door, it relates to the garage door style better. As you are near the sea, what about a shade of aqua for some fun, or make a statement and have a metallic laquer in a deep silver or bronze
I like number 1 better. A blue/aqua door would go quite well I think. Or maybe a torquise.
kiwichick
Well I like the first front door, it relates to the garage door style better. As you are near the sea, what about a shade of aqua for some fun, or make a statement and have a metallic laquer in a deep silver or bronze

wow these are great suggestions I had never even thought of! what is metallic laquer (excuse my ignorance!) have you seen this before for a front door? am liking the silver idea.....

have concluded i definately can't go the pivot stain door....cause an extra $3000 could be put to use somewhere else... especially if I can get the WOW factor another way.... big square pots in front of pillars with tall bamboo sticks...other ideas????

do you think think i should go a normal lever handle or the oblong pull handle?
oh and I have chosen translucent glass for privacy.... with that look ok with the painting options???

who every thought so many hours could be lost wondering about a door!
Dollar
I like number 1 better. A blue/aqua door would go quite well I think. Or maybe a torquise.

oooo.... torquise... that is interesting...am liking that too! completely changing the way I was originally thinking!
The metallic would probably have to be done by master painter, Definitely a brushed steel Lever door handle. Love the idea of large pots growing miniture bamboo
Related
31/01/2024
Assistance with Exterior Roof and Brick Colours

Building A New House

Hi all, I am currently building through Simmonds and stuck deciding on my exterior cement roof titles and brick colours. The front and fascade of the house is a pretty…

31/01/2024
Front door issues

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

AS2047 Section 6 Page 31 speaks to Construction/Tolerances of Windows and external glazed doors in buildings Check also New South Wales Guide to Standards and Tolerances,…

26/04/2024
Pivot door vs. hinged door?

Windows & Doors

920 was enough to get the furniture in. We live in a pretty safe area and it’s great to see people walking to the front door. We’re not too fussed about people…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum