Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Whitish leather sofas?

Page 1 of 1
Does anybody have a pale leather sofa? Any trouble keeping it clean?! Tossing up between a offwhite lounge and a chocolate one. Figure the chocolate one won't show up marks as much...

What do people think of Bay Leather Republic for sofas? Was there today and the sofas seemed quite nice.
I was at a consultation yesterday with a girl who has 2 small kids.

She has an off white leather chase style lounge. About half the time I was there, an hour, her 2 were all over that lounge like monkeys on a branch!

The lounge looked good! It could probably do with a good clean with some leather cleaner, but all in all I was impressed with the colour and how well it has held up to her 2 kids.
We have the 'slate' (which is the off white) modular couch from Bay Leather. I was just having this discussion with my husband (we have a baby who sicks on the couch and it is fantastic to wipe off!) Most of our things in our house are light coloured and whilst it does show dirt more than darker, at least I know when it is dirty and requires a clean! If you have dark, I think you wouldn't be as vigilant in the cleaning! We have only had our couch for about 6 months but it's been great. Has a couple of marks on it, but I expected it would be worse!
I recently bought a white 'leather' type modular sofa. It was a bargain and i have been surprised by how resilient this man made leather has been. It acually feels preety good and the marks wipe off. I was eating sloshy thawed out blueberries and a spoonful landed on the sofa and it just wiped off.

I wish i had the money to splurge on a really good quality leather sofa but this one will do for a few years.
We have had our creamy coloured leather sofas for about 8 years. They stand up to the test of kids and liquids
better than any fabric lounge I have had. I would have to say though that they do get dirty "in the grain" of the leather. I am now thinking of getting mine cleaned by a professional as they are looking sad and tired. My friend also said the same thing to me about her own leather lounges the other day. So yes they are tough and resiliant but you need to wipe regularly with an old face washer or something that gets into the grain. My leather ones have lasted much better than my friends fabric ones that were bought after ours were. We have just bought a fabric lounge for the new TV room. When it comes time to replace the leather ones I would really think about replacing it with leather again, BUT I would go a darker colour this time, probably brown.
Hi All,

We have just purchased an off white leather sofa from harvey norman
love it! but i am trying to decide on whether i should get the products for $300 with them -which comes with additional warranty or just buy the products off the shelf? the products are much cheaper off the shelf. Any comments please? Do you guys think extended warranty is really worth it getting?

G_girl
G_girl, I had to make a similar decision when I bought my leather couch from Adriatic.
It hasn't arrived yet, so I can't tell you whether I made the wrong decision, but I decided to just buy the cleaner etc off the shelf.
Glad I found this post

Went looking for lounge suites on weekend - loved the 'off white' leather ones but kept thinking KIDS, DIRT, DOG

I wasn't a wrap for the dark leather in our place - wouldn't you love to be able to plonk all the colours in your house for just one day to see which one works the best

I went to King furniture - very expensive even with their sale, then I found Plush Sofas - really really reasonable prices & lovely suites .... anyone dealt with them before????

Decisions, decisions

Jazz
We have a chocolate leather lounge from Nick Scali and the leather holds up really well and is so easy to wipe clean. I don't think I would ever buy a fabric lounge again.

We have also just bought a white leather lounge from Bay Leather Republic for the new house. I am sure it will be harder to keep clean than the chocolate lounge but I am hoping there is not too much difference and I love the colour so much I don't care
Related
You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum