Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Roof + Render colour

Page 1 of 1
Hi Michelle and homeone members,

I am a long time reader of this forum and have found your wealth of knowledge amazing, however i still cant make my own decisions!

I am in the process of having my redbrick home renovated and i am confussed as to what colour i should render my house and what color colorbond roof i should go with?

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgu ... s%3Disch:1

Using the above color chart I am thinking a dark roof (deep ocean or night sky) together with a light (camelot or cortex colored) render color, what do you guys think?

My other idea was to just have a plain roof color (dune or surg mist) with a dark grey render?
Michelle has recommended the following colours in a previous post
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31415

Dune for roof
Dulux Blind Date for render
Dulux Winnow for windows

I have paperbark garage doors and they are a great match for my Dulux Gnu Tan render. I have a tiled roof in Monier Sambucca which is black. I dont know how fade-safe a black colourbond roof is?

Kerrin, I’ve always said I should have you working for me…….
Athomasd….I’m a little confused about the colour chart…are they current C/Bond colours, if so I don’t know about them. There are colours in that lot I have not seen?????

I’m not game to choose a colour yet, can you confirm about the colour chart for me?
Sorry Michelle i only used that color template as a general. I will be using colorbond for the roof. I am having black double glazed windows put in which I will also need to factor in when electing the render color. Cheers
Michelle
There are colours in that lot I have not seen?????

Ditto. The fact that "dume" was spelt wrong doesn't fill me with confidence on those other colours.
athomasd
Hi Michelle and homeone members,

I am a long time reader of this forum and have found your wealth of knowledge amazing, however i still cant make my own decisions!

I am in the process of having my redbrick home renovated and i am confussed as to what colour i should render my house and what color colorbond roof i should go with?

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgu ... s%3Disch:1

Using the above color chart I am thinking a dark roof (deep ocean or night sky) together with a light (camelot or cortex colored) render color, what do you guys think?

My other idea was to just have a plain roof color (dune or surg mist) with a dark grey render?

I hate to keep putting you off, is there anyway you can post a photo of the front of your house?
It will be much easier for me to choose by seeing the style of your home.

How to post a photo……

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1272
Related
24/02/2024
Surfmist tiled roof - unsure about gutter colour

General Discussion

Thank you so much. We ended going with the terrain that’s part of our brick.

30/05/2024
Roof Colour - Northern Beaches Council

Building A New House

We had a DA approved last year and here is the condition that was imposed by Northern Beaches council:

23/08/2023
Need advise on surfacing render interior wall

General Discussion

I am looking for someone who might have tackled a similar issue as me. I have a few rendered interior walls, the surface condition is hardly flat. I can see all the bumps…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum