Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Another room finished....well, nearly!

Page 1 of 1
Howdy all, I haven't been in here much for ages, but thought I'd share some photo's of our Dining area after finally getting our new table & some artwork for the wall (it only took 12 months
, nothing like rushing into these things..)

Here was the area after moving in:

After living in a small home we now had the room for a bigger table, but I wanted to keep looking until I found "the one"!! We are in a rural area & only get to Adelaide a few times a year, but I was prepared to wait...for a while anyway.

Anyway, here is our dining area now, just need to get a pot for my happy plant!

I got the canvas prints through Stephanie at Artsolutely, which took about 3 weeks after ordering online & we're really happy with them

OK, now I just need to finish my photo wall...
That is very lovely Jo, the artwork is great
JoK….very nice indeed!

The red vase on the table looks great and complements well.
Well done JoK….
Thanks SuH & also for your help Michelle

I'll give the office a little tidy up & post some pics of our bench that DH installed over the x-mas break (love the pics of yours SuH
).
Jo K
Thanks SuH & also for your help Michelle

I'll give the office a little tidy up & post some pics of our bench that DH installed over the x-mas break (love the pics of yours SuH
).

Thanks Jo, me tooooo
OK, here's the office...ours is a laminate bench in Chesnut linea & moleskin draws to tie in with our kitchen cupboards.

Our kitchen guy ordered in the benchtop & made up the cupboards for us & DH installed it.

The office is off our family room & we wanted a big work area so that the kids can use it for homework down the track. Also good for supervision
Nice Jo
isn't it great to have a place for everything
Well done on the office….both of you!

If I took a photo of mine you would all die.

Real estate course spread out all over my desk, 3 lots of remote consultations spread out in other areas, and then there is my personal stuff………………..
Michelle

Real estate course spread out all over my desk, 3 lots of remote consultations spread out in other areas, and then there is my personal stuff………………..

well, I did say I was giving it a tidy up first

On the floor at the back of the office (left of photo) I've got 30 frames I've bought from IKEA ready for my photo wall - I'm spending so much time going through old photo's to go in them, it's lots of fun though!
Jo K
Michelle

well, I did say I was giving it a tidy up first

On the floor at the back of the office (left of photo) I've got 30 frames I've bought from IKEA ready for my photo wall - I'm spending so much time going through old photo's to go in them, it's lots of fun though!

I was going to ask how that wall was going, so you answered that question for me.
I’m looking forward to seeing that also.
Ooh...the dining room is lovely.

*sigh* I'd like to just have one room finished.....
Love the dining room, the artwork is fantastic

Office looks nice and organised too.

Looking forward to seeing more in due course
Hi JoK - it all looks amazing
!!!

I just love Stephanie's artwork!!!

Can I ask how far apart you hung the paintings (ie the gap in between) ? Is there some kind of rule for this or do you just do what ever you think looks best
???
Thanks Kek, Hels & Majic J!

MagicJ

Can I ask how far apart you hung the paintings (ie the gap in between) ? Is there some kind of rule for this or do you just do what ever you think looks best
???

Don't think there are any set rules. We went with 50mm, poor DH had the spirit level & tape measure working overtime
we also put a little bit of blue tack in the bottom corners of each one so they don't move
Jo K
we also put a little bit of blue tack in the bottom corners of each one so they don't move

Thats what I do!
Michelle
Jo K

Thats what I do!

Well I would have got the idea off someone - probably you
!!
We use those little double sided sticky dots - I got some for free as a sample when I did an order through Coles Online once. They work a treat!!!

Thanks for the info, Jo K!!!
Related
21/06/2023
Dry Well in the backyard

Landscape & Garden Design

It's possible but a soak well is usually much larger. Your 'soak well' only holds 424 litres when full. What is your soil type? Soak wells need sandy soils.

21/02/2024
Soak Well Suggestions

Landscape & Garden Design

Finally got the Soakwell at my house sucked out. Now I’m looking for ideas on how to hide it as it’s a bit of an eye sore. I’m thinking I’d like to turf over the…

17/09/2023
Structural Issue - DPC Higher than finished floor level

Building A New House

interesting situation what happened after builder issued final invoice? did you list as defect or not does the building surveyor have any responsibility? ie. issuing…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum