Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Black piano with brown/white colour scheme?

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

We have an open plan kitchen, dining, living area and have a predominently white kitchen with a neutral/brown (Dulux's Charlie Horse) splashback. White walls and brown laminate flooring throughout. I was thinking of furnishing and decorating in browns and whites with gold or amber accents (ie pendant lighting or feature wallpaper). However, we now have a black upright piano that we will probably put in the living area. It will kind of be the feature (no tv). I'm worried that this might clash with the browns.

Alternatively, I am considering going with blacks/charcoal and whites as the colour scheme with a few flashes of colour here and there, but I'm afraid my splashback (and it is very long and visable) won't fit in with the colour scheme.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
I don’t think the black piano will clash. I love black and brown together.

mmmm me too...very much.
Related
10/12/2023
Small black specks appearing on new white Caesar Stone

Kitchen Corner

Thankyou for your advice. We do have Caesar coming out and hopefully resolve the issue for us.

29/04/2024
Black tile grout become a chalky colour.

Flooring & Floor Covering

Have some black tiles in our bathroom on one feature wall laid on top of the waterproofing. What I think is efflorescence or white chalky looking grout has turned the…

12/02/2024
colour scheme

General Discussion

I'm renovating - building a small extension at the back of the late Edwardian house. This is the first stage. Second stage of the renovation will be to replace roof on…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum