Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Need some help with the exterior render colours

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

We're building the Riverton 30 from Carlisle Homes at point cook and currently booked in for colour selections next week.

Just finished the long and arduous task of deciding our interiors but unfortunately still stuck (and unsure) about the render colours that might match our facade..

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7936 ... ade.th.jpg

We're going for the Austral Homestead Tan bricks with offwhite mortar. I was thinking of the woodland grey for the garage, but again totally clueless on how to get it all together.

Would really appreciate some suggestions.

Cheers
Sam
Yes woodland Grey will look good.
What’s going on the roof?

Thanks Michelle. that's reassuring.

As for the tiles I am thinking of barramundi on a tudor profile. The render colours seemed to be the most confusing part. I need to choose two and not sure where to begin.

Cheers,
Sam
Michelle,

Here's a link to a better pic

http://img27.imageshack.us/i/rivertonfacade.jpg/

The facade we're building will be slightly different to the one in the pic with the following variations:

i.e 1. The rendered portion around the window will be more like an inverted "U" as opposed to the inverted "L" shown in the pic

2. The portion around the entrance door will be more like an proper inverted "L" (almost similar to the one shown in the pic)

3. Painted infill above the garage door.

I am still not sure about the colour but was wondering about the following combination :

dreyfus for the inverted U and garage infill
oriental spice (or something like wine brown) for the inverted L portion around the entrance door.

Does that sound alright?

Cheers
Sam
We agonised over the colour of our rendered front and the and the windows and the garage door and the roof and the gutters and the fascia and the font door !!

We finally chose Ironstone for the roof and gutters, metro silver for the windows, dune for the render and fascias and cedar look for the garage door.
our Roof has gone on and gutters/fascias/windows now and we are pleased BUT we are still apprehensive about the render colour and garage door, obviously we won't know this until it actually happens.
Not that your colours are the same but DUNE with a darker roof seems to contrast nicely but only time will tell.
Good luck
Sorry, I went out for diner last night and still at work now.

I have a business matter to sort out when I get home, so I’ll see how I go tonight in answering a few questions in here.
Vid,
Thanks for sharing your inputs. I am with you on this. Getting the colour right is truly agonizing.

Michelle,

Got my selections tomorrow and was wondering if you have any inputs as well?

Cheers
Sam
Dreyfus

Oriental Spice

OR
Capsicum Red

C/B Woodland Grey

I like the red with the combo
, very nice!
Thanks Michelle
My pleasure…Dreyfus is a nice colour, I might start using it more myself.
Hi,

Just wanted to convey our thanks to Michelle and everyone else who have helped us in our quest for the (hopefully) perfect render colour!

We finally went for a "Claydust" and "Oriental Spice" combination. Yep all that happened after a series of YES,NAA and MAYBE's! lol!

We're still not sure how it would finally look like (thanks to our limited visualization skills) but do have a gut feeling that it should be okay! fingers crossed!

Here's what we've chosen as part of our external selection:

Brick: Austral homestead tan
Render colours: Claydust (around the window and pianted infill over the garage) and Oriental Spice (for the feature)
Garage Door: Jarrah
Roof Tiles : Barramundi on a tudor profile

Cheers
Sam
I do not know how I missed this thread!!!

Sam we are building a Riverton as well.

We are going to go with 3 render colours to our front facade.

We had finally settled on
Raku (The dark grey)
CB Dune
Red Stop
Austral Nougat bricks
Monument Guttering and Facsia
And still undecided but we think we are going to go with a Monier Wild Rice roof tile in the traditional profile.

See the following two pictures for what it will look similar to in the end and the photo we got our inspiration from.

This post has my original colour thoughts for this facade ( I couldn't get Emma to agree

The colours are:

Jasper
Self Destruct
Unknown Red (I colour dropped off the facade photo on the Carlisle webpage)
Jasper Guttering
Austral Nougat bricks.
Woodgrain garage door

If you want I can put your colours on this facade (Somerton) so you can get an idea of what it would be like, might take me a while to get around to it busy with study. Just let me know what goes where.

ZS,

You're selections are looking good.

Thanks a lot for the offer. Here's what I've selected.

Bricks: Austral Homestead Tan
Roof Tiles : Barramundi
Render around the entrance: Oriental Spice
Render around the front window and over the garage infill : Claydust
Garage Door: Woodgrain Jarrah
Fascia : Evening Haze
Gutter: Monument
Downpipe: Jaasper
Aluminum windows: Jasper
Front door: Corinthian Madison PMAD111, Claydust

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers
Sam
Hi everyone,

We are building Riverton as well. I m just a bit confused , are the Cat 1A Bricks standard?
Hi misraz,

As far as I am aware, Cat 1A (with carlisle) have a manganese levy (don't know what that means ..but it all ends up to an additional $500 approx out of pocket! )

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Sam
Thanks Sam,

Your facade colours look awesome....
we are still confused...hope i ll be to decide the colours soon...

where are you guys building???
Related
25/04/2024
Owner Builder : Need some help

Owner Builder Forum

Hi VK, Think it's worth investing time in an Owner Builder course to equip you with basic knowledge on Australian Building Industry and its regulations. Also, I suggest…

31/01/2024
Assistance with Exterior Roof and Brick Colours

Building A New House

Hi all, I am currently building through Simmonds and stuck deciding on my exterior cement roof titles and brick colours. The front and fascade of the house is a pretty…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum