Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Thanks to Photogirl and JellyLegs!

Page 1 of 1
Thanks for getting me motivated to recover my dirty stained dining chairs. I did have grand plans of buying a new dining setting for the new house but went through a priority list last night and decided it wasn't a priority!
So off I went, bought new fabric and there you go, 'new' chairs!
The Credits:
A big thanks again Photogirl and JellyLegs for the inspiration and guts to do it.
Thanks also to my DH and sister, without them I would never have gotten it finished.

BEFORE:
I can't believe I am posting a pic of my grotty chairs!

AFTER:

Oh look at that.
You girls are getting so good!

That’s looks fantastic fairy blue!
What a difference - it looks great!
Well done!
Thanks Michelle, Salt&Pepper and Carmel. It was actually easier than I thought it would be. I have now threatened my children.. if either of them wipes their hands on the chairs they will be eating outside!!
fairy blue
Thanks Michelle, Salt&Pepper and Carmel. It was actually easier than I thought it would be. I have now threatened my children.. if either of them wipes their hands on the chairs they will be eating outside!!

Welcome to the 'I've put pictures of my grotty chairs on H1' club!!

You've done a great job - doesn't it make such a difference for so little $$$$.
JellyLegs
::

Welcome to the 'I've put pictures of my grotty chairs on H1' club!!

You've done a great job - doesn't it make such a difference for so little $$$$.

Oooh, it's a club! (please don't nominate me as secretary!
)
The dollar thing is amazing! Was gonna spring for a whole new setting but it can wait for a bit now.
Perhaps I wasn't so clever after all.
I think 3 makes a club doesn't it??
Photogirl would need to be President - she posted her pics first.
I second the nomination of Photogirl as president.
Great job, it looks fantastic. I'm in the process of doing up chairs, but I am sanding and staining as well so it's taking quite a while...

It's amazing how cheap it is to do though...
Look what happens when you move house and can't access Homeone for ages (small Telstra issue
) you finally get to log back on and find yourself the president of a club. Well done Fairy Blue, they look great. And thanks for being brave enough to put the before shots up, it makes us all feel better. It's shocking what kids can do to chairs, even more shocking that I was blind to mine for so long. It's amazing what you don't see whilst kids have you distracted.
Funny thing about posting the photos, I thoroughly checked out my pics on the camera before I posted and they looked ok. I thought ok that chair doesn't look so dirty it's ok to post. After I posted it and it the size was bigger and it became clear just how dirty it really was, that's when i felt embarrassed!
Anyway I have decided it is much easier to recover them than scrub them and leave them outside in the sun to dry like I used to!
Well, mine have been christened with Spag Bol already
I should have put some scotch guard or something on them because my attempts to clean it off just seemed to make it worse.

What can ya do?
I've child proofed my house, but they keep getting in

Yes, funny about that!

You have all done a fantastic job!
And shown yourselves how easy it is to do a DIY, well done all of you.
JellyLegs
Well, mine have been christened with Spag Bol already
I should have put some scotch guard or something on them because my attempts to clean it off just seemed to make it worse.

What can ya do?

Got any fabric left? Just cover it again!!
Related
11/03/2024
Renovation - swapping kitchen and bathroom and other fix ups

Renovation + Home Improvement

I recently went through a similar renovation and move scenario when updating our family home. We also swapped some rooms around and tackled a major…

18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum