Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Westfield’s Doncaster

Page 1 of 2
I get many mags and info sent to me, in one I found this photo in a shopping centre at Westfield’s shopping centre Doncaster.

I love this….this is simplistic and vey classy.

Has anyone been there and seen this?

"It is a massive monstrosity that blocks the sun!"

Direct quote from my friend that lives just near it....

Haven't been there yet. But probably will soon.
joles
"It is a massive monstrosity that blocks the sun!"

But it’s got a DJ’s……..how could she say that!!!

Let me know what you think of that area, I kept coming back to that photo, I just love it.
If I go... I'll take some more pics for you. Might make a trip this weekend.
I sat in that exact spot today
A really nice area to stop and rest, DS 3 had a ball jumping on all those lovely (expensive) chairs

Its pretty good shop wise, nice views as you drive up, some great kids shops but I still prefer Chadstone.

Mrs B
That's my closest shopping centre - yeah , it's quite spectacular! I almost got lost in the new car park, though
It's HUGE! It was a disaster while they were renovating, so I didn't gothere for 2 years!!! When I went back I found it so overwhelming - it's like Chadstone - massive!

Once I familiarise myself with it, I'll be fine (that won't take very long, shopping is my favourite sport
)

Jo, I'll meet you for a coffee there sometime!

Even better, we can meet there with the boys!!!!!!!!!!!!
Imagine how much they'd love that...NOT!!!!!!!!!
Hmmmm. I don't like David Jones. The few times I've been in one of their there stores they've made me feel like I can't afford to shop there.

So I don't bother to ever go into the store no matter which centre.
I haven't been in that DJ's - apparently it's not a great one. Oh, and I wasn't particularly imoressed with the range in Myer there, either - I thought they'd have a great range, being such a flash centre!
I feel very envious now!!!!

I would love to go there, its good to know that it matches up to what I pictured it would!

Top design and decoration, well done on the designers!!!
Oh, it's definitely stunning, Michelle! I want one of those white tree lightbulb-y sculptures that's in the background of that pic in my house - they're divine - that was the first thingI noticed !!!!!!!!!
Its all marble flooring as well. I liked the DJ store as I dont have one where I live. So when are you coming to Melbourne Michelle...we can keep you busy looking at shopping centers for weeks

Mrs B
Happy to have coffee Petal! Outside David Jones!
joles
Hmmmm. I don't like David Jones. The few times I've been in one of their there stores they've made me feel like I can't afford to shop there.

DJ's have that stigma and their prices reflect it.
joles
Happy to have coffee Petal! Outside David Jones!

No problem (err.... we'll be leaving siad boys at home!!! ) No doubt cascre will be there, anyway, so she may as well join us!!!!!!!!

Michelle - you need to come on down to Melbourne town some time...in your Fit Flops!!!!
it must have had a makeover? the last time I was there (err, around 2001!!!) it looked pretty drab!
Totally, donuts! Like I said, I didn't go for 2yrs, it was so vile. Now it's gorgeous. Of course, when we have coffee there, you will have to come - no coffee is complete without donuts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I crack myself up........okay, won't give up the day job just yet...!
petal you're a hoot

Yes looks like I'll have to take a trip out there too!! We can all have coffee in our fitflops. Jo will have to get some too.
It has a JB HiFi and that's all that matters as far as I'm concerned... and the car park is cool.. it directs you to a free space.. and tells you if there is any spare parks as you go up each level.
I haven't been shopping there for years! I used to always go up to the roof top carpark to take lightning photos, as the view towards the west was amazing. For those who have been recently, can you still get up there and see the view??

Must make the trip there again for shopping. Have been meaning too, and now I'm 'free', I can!!
Have to say that Doncaster is now Westfields' jewel in their crown and has been many years in the planning and work. I've only been once since it opened, but i must say the designer shops there, surpass those in Chadstone. Great design and lots of light. The fittings are just superb!
The retail rent there is equally as astounding!!!!

Chaddy is no longer the top shopping centre in Melb....thats for sure!

Ladies, let us know when you're catching up for a coffee and "donuts", i'd love to join you if i can!
Related
You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum