Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Have chosen the paint colour! HELP...one final question ....

Page 1 of 1
Okay

Thanks for everyone's help with my paint colour dilemma - especially Michelle!

I have settled on Dulux raw cotton half strength. All walls and woodwork (including doors) to be painted this colour.

My final question is:
I was advised to do the ceilings quarter strength - but this was when the walls were going to be full strength.

So now the walls are half strength, I am worried the ceiling will look dark against the wall (or the exact same colour as the wall). Does anyone know if the Dulux colours can be mixed to one-eighth strength?

I do not want white ceilings - want some colour as they are cathedral ceilings - but definately do not want them exactly the same as the walls!!!
I’d be breaking up the colour.

My suggestion would be white ceilings.

VLS
I do not want white ceilings - want some colour as they are cathedral ceilings - but definately do not want them exactly the same as the walls!!!

whoops sorry, just read this!
Michelle is there a colour the ceiling white can be tinted to give it just a touch of colour (so not so stark)?

Also do you know if they can do Dulux to one-eighth? I might have to call them and check.
I need to be in my office to look at the colours for you!
I’ll check it out tonight, at my other job at the moment……………
White can be tinted any colour.
Best off doing the raw cotton ¼, I think this will be best for you.

Do you have exposed timber beams?
Related
8/06/2023
Paint colour help please

General Discussion

Thankyou so much 😀 I've decided on White on white for doors and trims, White on white 50% on ceiling and Mt buller for walls. Fingers crossed it will look OK 😀

21/07/2023
Final Invoice vs OC

General Discussion

Hi, I am approaching end of the build. My final invoice will be given to me soon to pay. Some context before I ask my question. 1. My builder wont do the landscaping or…

3/10/2023
Final payment for new build in NSW

Building A New House

regardless, your contract stipulates a payments schedule and SOPA doesn't give provision to that scenario. Your contractual terms appear to stand. Hence get a lawyer, it…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum