Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Final touches - curtains and walls

Page 1 of 3
Finally decided on a paint colour for one of the feature walls in our bedroom. After 15 sample pots
I ended up taking my favourite vase to Dulux and the wonderful salesman helped me chose a complimentary colour from the metallic range.

DH is painting it atm
and the colour is stunning . It has taken ages to pick the letterbox, feature wall colours, curtains and decorative accessories for the house .

I'll post pics in the coming weeks on all the above. Curtains are coming next week as well F I N A L L Y.

Can’t wait to see Dy!
Sounds nice Dy - can't wait to see it all
Cant wait to see your wall!

I think all you have done in your home is stunning and you have a great flair.
Thank you

DH only painted one coat as he has the flu so we'll have to wait until next w.e. to see the final product.

Colour is 1.5 strength Crystal Mirage - a dark mushroom colour (metallics range)

http://www.dulux.com.au/html/textureint/

I'll post a pic of our new letterbox tonight if I get the chance
Dy,

I checked the colour... very nice!
Looking forward to see the painted wall!
that is a beautiful colour DEE. I love a few of them on that link. I'm very envious. A pity my DH has already said "no feature walls" or I'd be putting in my order. Sigh.. I miss my red bedroom walls and was hoping to have a feature wall at least.
Hmm I might have to try again once we get the keys.
It is a gorgeous colour Dy! Poor DH
hope he gets better soon so we can see a pic of it done!
I'm actually starting to think its a bit too brownish ... maybe I should have picked more a grey undertone like chocolate glimmer.

Poor DH he will have a royal fit if I ask him to paint it again

It is soooo hard matching greys!

Have you seen the wallpapers at Dulux ... very very nice
Just had a look at the site - great colour and great site!!
Love it Dy...in fact I went and picked up a whole heap of samples today to have a better look. Now I just have to convince DH
, but I think this can wait...for like a year or so
the metallic range is very nice but its hard to apply.

A roller will give you a bit of a textured look which we didn't want. A paint brush gives you the lines but its a flat effect which is what we were wanting. But our wall is pretty large and I thought DH wouldn't be impressed if I asked him to paint the whole thing with a paint brush so I bought a flat brush applicator. It gives you the lines but is easier to apply.

I think the best application would be sprayed on but I'm not sure I could convince DH to give it a go.

Hopefully this w.e. his flu will have gone (poor baby
) and we can move on to the next coat. If we don't like it I'll have a great reason to get some wallpaper
. Just love the range I saw at Dulux ... gorgeous modern colours in pewter and greys ... yumm.
DH is back doing the wall today so I might have some shots of it soon.

Here is the letterbox.

I think it suits the balustrade and house fairly well. Nice one ebay!
Your house looks great; the letter box is very unique!

Nice one.
DH told the neighbours where I purchased the letterbox. I was really mad coz I spent ages looking for something that was a bit different

Never mind that I regale everyone on H1 with the model, price and best location to purchase
. But H1 members don't live next door to me.

He thought my annoyance was amusing ... he just doesn't understand the meaning of unique
Your house looks amazing!

Is that your bedroom in the front to the left……where I see the ladder?
Or is he painting in there as well?

Men have very different ideas……………
very good Michelle

Yes thats our bedroom. He's there right now painting the feature wall

Yes men do have straaannge ideas
. Its like they're from another planet.
DeeElle
Yes men do have straaannge ideas
. Its like they're from another planet.

Don’t get me started!
Quote:
He thought my annoyance was amusing ... he just doesn't understand the meaning of unique .

you're spot on!
of course we want to be unique in the neighbourhood
Related
10/05/2024
Final Invoice and Key Handover

Building A New House

Hi Need to read your contract about when final payment is received. Clearly outlines what happens. In vic, known defects or incomplete work must be completed before…

21/07/2023
Final Invoice vs OC

General Discussion

Hi, I am approaching end of the build. My final invoice will be given to me soon to pay. Some context before I ask my question. 1. My builder wont do the landscaping or…

3/10/2023
Final payment for new build in NSW

Building A New House

regardless, your contract stipulates a payments schedule and SOPA doesn't give provision to that scenario. Your contractual terms appear to stand. Hence get a lawyer, it…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum