Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

monument guttering with ebony roof tiles

Page 1 of 1
Hi, we have just done our colour selection and had wanted night sky guttering, boral ebony slimline macquarie rooftiles and black windows. We were informed night sky has gone and we can only get monument colour. Now I don't know what to do? Is monument still going to match the roof tiles or are we better off going a charcoal colour on the roof tiles (not sure if it exists or matches monument). I don't think there is a charcoal in the windows. We really wanted everything black and i have rang colorbond and they state there is very little supply of night sky left-so is probably not an option. Please help!
jspitz I have been thinking about the same thing

We are having black roof tiles and we originally selected night sky for gutters and fascias but seeing how it has been deleted we have changed over to monument which is more of a charcoal/grey colour. Monument itself is a beautiful colour but im just not sure if the black roof tiles will stand out too much now and there isn't really a matching charcoal tile in the range we have selected from.
I'm awaiting my sample of Monument.... I also wanted Night Sky and black windows.... but we will have a red roof.
Is the Monument dark enough to get away with black windows and Monument guttering and downpipes... or will that look weird?
Bloody hell... this screws everything for me...

Jo
I was told Night Sky should still be around for 3 years!

Its still there, perhaps it’s just your supplier or builder pushing the new Monument.
Monument is a very dark grey; I like it better than the Night Sky.

Make them supply you with a sample of the Monument; I think you will like it.
Joles we received a monument sample from coloubond however it was a cardboard sample not metal (which I think is what they are supplying from now on), and it really is a gorgeous colour. It is a true dark charcoal grey, not greeny grey like Woodland Grey.
We are building with H3nley and because we changed our facade we had to have a second colour appointment which is when we got to see it on a normal metal sample and I think it looked great with the black. We are going to site Jan/Feb and were told to change our selection from Night Sky as it would more than likely not be available.
We are having monument gutters, fascias, downpipes and cladding with black windows and roof tiles and they all looked good together.
I guess there isn't much choice with the windows anyway because as far as I know there isn't a colour anything like it (please correct me if im wrong
) it jumps from Jasper/Woodland Grey to Black, well thats with A&L anyway.
colorbond ironstone is a really dark grey charcoal colour. not sure if it is dark enough though.
Ironstone isn't a bad colour but it tends to look blue in direct sunlight???
can you get it painted with a different paint .?
i have a nippon paint chart in front of me that has colorbond colours and it s own. there is a colour called Jackdaw it is black.
Related
26/07/2023
Replacing concealed guttering with normal guttering

Renovation + Home Improvement

Yes, get a builder, make sure he is experienced and a registered building practitioner

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

2/01/2024
Concrete roof tiles - is this normal?

General Discussion

Do you have solar on the roof, because if its not a laying defect it looks almost like someone has been walking all over the roof in the mid section of the tile (weakest…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum