Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Window dressings (again!). Updated with pics! 6/5

Page 4 of 5
We had our roller blinds and plantations shutters put in yesterday bel, they are sooooooooooooo lovely
sorry I didn't have time for photos this morning, I am getting slack. Plantation shutters just put a whole different feel on a room
Oooo Su!! I have to see them! Get me some photos quick smart!!

Which rooms did you put the shutters on?
Ooohh me tooo !!! get thy camera onsite PRONTO SuH!!!
Donuts, those blinds and curtains looks amazing! I'm glad to see how great the duals look
The sheers are beautiful and add a really soft touch to the room.

If only I could decided what I want
donuts
Hi all, just thought I'd update this with a few pics for the piggies

They are nearly all installed now, just waiting on plantations.

dining room - dual rollers, I have the sunscreen all the way down and the blockout halfway down.

front lounge - white blockout with mystic silver sheers that y'all helped me pick!

same room but with blind up

my 'problem child' window - the bay window - again with white blockouts & mystic silver sheers (excuse wrinkled bed linen & clothes horse
)

We are very happy with them all. Are the pics ok size wise? If not I'll make them smaller...

Very nice donuts……
Yes, very nice donuts.

A bit off the topic here, but I noticed your floors, also very nice...can you give me some details which brand they are and if they are laminate, solid, or engineered timber?

Thanks
thanks everyone

cmt
Yes, very nice donuts.

A bit off the topic here, but I noticed your floors, also very nice...can you give me some details which brand they are and if they are laminate, solid, or engineered timber?

Thanks

Thanks cmt. Um, out of the 3 options here I would go with 'solid'! I am sure they are not laminate or engineered so lock in solid. Laid over plywood on our slab. They are Tasmanian Oak.
Donuts, the sheers look beautiful. They were a great choice, really nice way to dress up a roller blind. My budget is getting smaller and smaller for window dressings so I think I may have to get over to Spotlight today and check out what's there in the 20% off sale. Plus some material for covering chairs because mine are so disgusting plus they are blue and won't work in the new house (little chunker fingers and food) but can't buy new chairs yet. Can't wait to see your plantations, bet you can't either.
beautiful.
thanks girls
No I can't wait to see my plantations either pg. How did you go at spotlight, I didn't see much there when I went a few months ago, but might have had too high expectations never having been curtain shopping there before.
I got all my curtains and rods from Spotlight.
CHEAP…..love the place! But I was after a more relaxed and casual look.
So it depends what you want.
I did have a purchase at spotlight Donuts. I actually purchased some material to recover my dining chairs. It only cost me $16. In saying that it's a temporary fix because I would like a much nicer material, someting groovy like the material on those chairs in your ad Michelle (I would like different chairs too but not in the budget at the moment), but had to take 4 year old DS with me so no time to really have a good look and think. The old chair covers are so gross and I am too embarassed to even let the removalists move them and they are not going to the new house looking like that. Just pulling the staples out at the moment, that's the biggest job.

I'm actually thinking
about making my own roman blinds so wanted to see what was on offer, but too distracted listening to DS saying "Spotlight sucks, I want to go home" and dragging him off the material.
They have a new sale so hoping at the weekend to have another look, I think you get 30% off if you purchase what is left on the roll. As I will need quite a bit it's probably a good deal (if there's any left). Just researching the fittings for them at the moment because that's the part I'm not sure about, and the math, have to get the math right with romans, very important.
making your own romans, that is so clever!! Good buy on the fabric. We'll need pics. I know what you mean about whinging kids, Spotlight seems to be the least favourite type of store to drag them around, I think I was probably the same as a kid
[quote="donuts"]Hi all, just thought I'd update this with a few pics for the piggies

They are nearly all installed now, just waiting on plantations.

dining room - dual rollers, I have the sunscreen all the way down and the blockout halfway down.

Hi donuts just wondering if you can tell me the name of your blinds in this picture. From your previous posts I think the blockout was one of the Daintree fabrics but im curious which colour the sunscreen is. We are trying to finalise colours with Right Track at the moment. Thanks in advance
While this thread is active again.. can i also ask Donuts if those mystic silver sheers keep people outside from being able to look inside? I'm thinking of something similar for our bedroom and our windows are facing onto the street. Would like people to not be able to see directly in during the day. Also wondering how much they were? I hope that's not rude to ask.. but they look beautiful and I'm trying to budget.
hi snhouse. The blockout fabric was indeed a Daintree one, it was called Moonstone or Moonbeam or something similar.

The sunscreen is a bit trickier ...... the names 'pearl seed' or 'pearl taupe' or 'pearl linen' or something stick in my mind
but I cannot be sure, and I don't think we wrote it down
sorry!!! Which office/saleslady are you dealing with? If it is Braybrook I could pm you my details and you could ask them and they could look it up for you maybe??? Or if you have the e-screen sample folder and find some of the colours the same, you could post them and I could see if any of them stand out to me?

Hi erinleigh. The mystic silver sheers are at the front windows, and I find they stop ppl from seeing in quite well. If ppl came right up to the window they'd still be able to see inside clearly, but from the footpath it's pretty obscure, can just make out shapes and stuff. We have a fence which also helps though. I am not sure how much the sheers were by themselves, but the whole window (not the bay window the plain one) including blockout roller, sheers & rod, was about $500.

hope that helps!
Thanks for that donuts, there is a colour called pearl linen and it is one of the ones we are looking at so thats a big help. Its funny in daylight it is quite a grey sort of colour but it looks like in your photo that at night under lights it seems to look pinkish? Do the screens let a lot of light in during the day?
We are going through Braybrook and have been dealing with Angelina and Margot who have been quite helpful.
Thanks!!
snhouse
Thanks for that donuts, there is a colour called pearl linen and it is one of the ones we are looking at so thats a big help. Its funny in daylight it is quite a grey sort of colour but it looks like in your photo that at night under lights it seems to look pinkish? Do the screens let a lot of light in during the day?
We are going through Braybrook and have been dealing with Angelina and Margot who have been quite helpful.

Angelina and Margot are lovely aren't they
they put up with all my fluffing around trying to decide!

Yes I guess it is a tiny bit pinkish, like a mushroom colour, some brown/taupe, some grey, lets off a bit of a pinkish hue sometimes. Those pics were taken at night though, when you rarely have only the sunscreen down. In the day with the sun behind it looks brown/taupe IMO.

They don't let a lot of light thru; I would have preferred a more open/looser weave, but my colour didn't come in the more open weave, so I went for colour over practicality
Maybe ask the girls which colours come in a looser one if you want lots of light in?

No worries erinleigh!
Thanks for that Donuts, i just had a quick look at the mermet colours on the net and I think your screen looks more like Pearl Sable which seems to have more of a mushroom sort of tone to it.
I really did not think window furnishings would be this hard
Related
15/01/2024
Is this a defect in my window frame?

Windows & Doors

Its the flashing and is normal. Some builders cover them up others just leave them handing. You can cover it up with an aluminium bracket or ask the builder.

16/07/2023
Aluminium awning window seal has popped out in one corner

Windows & Doors

Thanks mate, this helped a lot. Managed to get it back in.

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum