Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Photoshop Elements 7 tuition

Page 3 of 4
albi
What program do you have Michelle??

Photoshop Elements (9, I think)

Can't wait to try it out, Dans made me a bit scared now.................
Is it version 6?? I think this is the latest but I am not too sure.

I have used a book by an author called Scott Kelby and he also writes one for Elements called ''The Photoshop Elements 6 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)''

If you are into learning things from books then I would recommend trying this one out - he gives lots of info on all the techniques you can use in a format that is relatively easy to understand.

Good luck with it and I can't wait to see your first attempts. I think it will be an invaluable tool for you to use in your business

Allison
Michelle
albi
What program do you have Michelle??

Photoshop Elements (9, I think)

Can't wait to try it out, Dans made me a bit scared now.................

You have to put in some effort. it's not going to just do it for you.
Hey Dan……. I know this!

I spent ages on the program I have now……..ages!!!
And I still couldn’t work it out.

My cousins got this new one; even she said I may struggle with it for a while!
While we are on the subject of paintshop and just in case anyone is having a bad day and needs a laugh:

Here is my recreation of my finished kitchen. Please note my attempt at simulating the small speckles which show up in my chosen benchtop

Ohhh you go Sharee!!

Its painful isn’t it, takes so long to do!

I have loaded mine onto my computer, had a look and nearly died.

I have heaps of work on today, so I don’t have time to play with it.

Anyhoooooo, the wall colour looks good, I have to say though, thank god your benches aren’t that colour in real life!
hey there,
I have photo shop and with most of your photos, because they are 'flat colours' you should be able to use the 'magic wand' tool and select a wall then click on the square with the colour in it , this will open up a window with lots of colours, choose one and click ok/apply (whatever it says), then use the paint bucket to colour the wall you have selected.
A few of you prob know this already but those of you just starting out, this is a fun little experiment with changing colours on your walls.
Riiight…..well you just stay nice and handy.
You may get some questions when I try to use my new one!
no worries, i think mine is version 9. there is a page that pops up when you start it up and says something about seeing it used on video, this may help.
now i will have to start using it again to remember what i was taught at tafe. hahaha now i opened my big mouth
I’ve got version 7, as I didn’t need all the movie stuff that you have.

I just want to use it to re-colour images.
Now get going on reacquainting yourself with it …….
Well I’ve just spend an hour on this thing……and no progress!

It’s much harder to use than Paintshop.
There might be some tutorials (on the cd) you can do to get started on the basics.

Stick with it. All apps feel strange the first time.
I’m about ready to throw it out the door!

Time for a Scotch!
d@n
There might be some tutorials (on the cd) you can do to get started on the basics.

Stick with it. All apps feel strange the first time.

Dan I went to the website….it said how to do a quick fix, but it won’t let me select the tool so I can use it.
Before

After – Just playing

Now, how do you get the edges tidy?
If you can't select a tool, it's for a reason.

The Magic Wand doesn't give the best results....hence the bad edging. Try using the pen tool and draw a path, then turn the path into a selection that you fill with a colour.
I know this has nothing to do with me, but I can't help myself......those dunny rolls look like the rats have been at them
Well it seems that Elements does not come with a pen tool which is surprising and disappointing

The alternative is using either the magic wand lasso tool or the polygon lasso tool. To us the magic lasso, you click and drag around the area you want to select. It auto detects the edges. To add to the selection, you hold down the shift key and to subtract from the selection you hold the alt key.
Yep Dan….just turned myself inside out trying to find the pen!

I’ve been using anything that looks like it might work.

Thanks!!
Related
You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum