Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Mood-Boards

Page 15 of 15
Hi Treeseachanger - sounds like a fun board.

Will see how I go next week.
Then I'm off the radar for a while so I can finally get my new website sorted and hosted!
I'll look forward to seeing your website!!
Treeseachanger
Hi Michelle,

Could you do a mood board for a beach cottage living room (shabby chic furniture, accents of sea greens & turquoise?) Everything I look up on line has white slip covers on the furniture, or pale yellow sandy colours..Not kid or pet friendly. What else could I use? Taupe? Latte?? the floors would be tiled, perhaps a warm light grey or travertine style reminiscent of bleached boards...(I'd love the bleached boards but need thermal mass).

There's no hurry for this by the way...just when you get time

Here you go.....took a while. Your lounge proved to be harder than I thought.
Best stick to a light grey, it should work well with the washed timbers if you go that way.

Thank you!
Yes, I was totally stumped with the lounge...Seems to still be a fair bit of turquoise accessories out there! Phew!!
I like the wooden world map too, I must confess to being a bit "worded out" by all the signs & slogans on boards...
The indoor plants provide a nice green accent. Thanks so much for your help!!
Your very welcome, have fun with your new home!
New moodboard for me. South Africa

Looks great Michelle, very earthy and warm. Are you planning on a holiday there?

I was wondering if you're still doing these mood boards. Although I've been playing around with ideas of my own, I was wondering if you might be able to come up with one for me based around an existing item of furniture?
Hi Trixee, just got back from South Africa over a month ago now.
Great place!

I'm coming into the forum to night to help out with a paint issue, post a photo of the piece furniture and tell me what you would like.
Thanks Michelle!

I have a bed that looks a bit like the following, but with blue glass inserts and less ornate detailing:

It will be for a guest bedroom, I want something fresh and welcoming in a contemporary style. Planning on using marri floorboards at this stage.

Here is an image of the bed head, pattern repeats at the foot, sorry for the poor quality, looks better in real life!

Thank you, can't wait to see what you come up with
I haven't forgotten you... these take time to do.
No rush Michelle
Oooh, Love the African look and Trixee's bed head!
Here you go Trixee, not an easy one to do. I couldn't use your photo to your bed so I had to improvise from the net.
But you get the idear. I've kept it simple, thinking your spare room won't be huge.

Thanks Michelle, that looks fantastic! I was a bit worried about using wood on wood for the bedsides but it seems to work well. I haven't seen those light fittings before, where are they from? Love the armchair too.
The trick to the timber bedsides was to try and match the flooring colour.
The lights I got off one of my shopping sites, Temple and Webster.
I'm sure if you look around you will find something similar.
The cushion has navy leaves, it's not all just black going on.

Glad you like your board.
So thanks to Photbucket....all this thread has gone!

Never mind....been having a play, here are two new ones.
I'll get in and clean this thread up soon.

The one below is using Chioces Flooring's new floor vinyl as feature panels in a hair salon.
Totally water proof and unique.

This one is using a photo taken at Choices with my client selections then added to at home in my office for the final look.

Do you have one you would like to share??
Hi all, I've been very busy of late. I'm currently putting together a presentation folder for a local Real Estate.
Part of that is coming up with some new boards.... Thought I would share with you.
My boards are $60, if you would like one let me know.

Related
21/02/2024
Oil under boards before laying

General Discussion

I'm about to put down some Merbau. Is it necessary to oil underneath the boards before laying?

22/04/2024
Clix flooring and skirting boards gaps.

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Is this acceptable in a new house build. Floors where installed by builder. Already chips in board and skirting is not flush

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum