Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Colors Selection External/Internal

Page 2 of 3
Hi, Look at Taubmans Snow Drop this is a great white!
Thank you Michelle that is really helpful for us.

Thanks Sanjam will check the Taubmans snow drop
Hi psyherin, me again

I thought I would provide you with the list of colours that we have chosen for our house as there might be something in there that you might like

Brick: Alpine with off white mortar
Roof: Iron Stone
Fascia and Gutter: Dune
Window Frame: Trend Anodic Natural Matt
PVC Downpipes and Infills: Dulux Ext Limed White
Eaves: Dulux White Exchange (Half strength)
Water Tank: Dune
Ceiling: Builder Ceiling White
Internal Wall Colour: Asked for same as display (can find out the name if you like)
Kelgofast
Hi psyherin, me again

I thought I would provide you with the list of colours that we have chosen for our house as there might be something in there that you might like

Brick: Alpine with off white mortar
Roof: Iron Stone
Fascia and Gutter: Dune
Window Frame: Trend Anodic Natural Matt
PVC Downpipes and Infills: Dulux Ext Limed White
Eaves: Dulux White Exchange (Half strength)
Water Tank: Dune
Ceiling: Builder Ceiling White
Internal Wall Colour: Asked for same as display (can find out the name if you like)

Thank you so much for the input .... your color selection is really good.
Our color selection studio doesnt have the above selection at all.
They use Taubamans instead of Dulux (God knows why!!)
hmm... I've not heard much about Taubamans but paints paint to me haha.

When do you get to pick you internal colours?
Well it depends on us when we want to get the color selection done

The land is not settled yet so might be some time. We have already been to the studio 4-5 times just so that we ready for the big day
that's really good that you are able to go there and have a look, we weren't able to see what colour choices we had until we went and had our meeting with them and had to pick them there and then, but I did change our floor tile again once we left haha
oh .... we were given address of the studio by the builder and they told us that we can visit and check what they offer. I always thought all the builders do that so that clients know what the builder is offering in terms of selections.
you are lucky that you were able to change floor tiles. we had some issues with builder to change few things in the floor plan and they want to charge us variation fee. In our defense how can we say something is right or wrong just buy looking at plain floor plan. We can only understand by looking at the engineering plan.

But all good .. we were able to change few things ... so happy about it
yeh it thought so to but it wasn't offered to us to do that
yeah we have been pretty lucky with that the only variation that we have been charged for was for a structural change that we made to the house as it had already been to the private certifier

How long till your land settlement? we had to have a 45day settlement on ours and that seemed like it went forever lol
We were advised 3 weeks for land settlement from last week October so I am guessing anytime soon.
That's awesome
then all the fun stuff can start lol

Have your plans been to council?
No the plans have not gone to council yet. I think the builder is waiting for the land settlement and then they are going to get everything started
did you have a soil test done at all, or are they doing that after also
They want to do the soil test but developer has advised the access to the land will be given once it is settled.
oh really, we had that as one of the condition on buying it that the soil test had come back to our standard. Our soil test originally came back as a MP class with is the worse you can receive on a soil test (what we were told anyway) but that was because the developer had brought in top soil which we then had to spend ages trying to get a compaction certificate for but once we got a copy of it, it back down to a M class
It had me freaking out that we wouldn't be able to settle on the land though as our builder only had a allowance for up to the M class.

I hope everything goes alright with yours
do you know what the other blocks around you have come back as?
Kelgofast
oh really, we had that as one of the condition on buying it that the soil test had come back to our standard. Our soil test originally came back as a MP class with is the worse you can receive on a soil test (what we were told anyway) but that was because the developer had brought in top soil which we then had to spend ages trying to get a compaction certificate for but once we got a copy of it, it back down to a M class
It had me freaking out that we wouldn't be able to settle on the land though as our builder only had a allowance for up to the M class.

I hope everything goes alright with yours
do you know what the other blocks around you have come back as?

From memory the other blocks around us had M class. Though I am not sure about it. Builder has included upto H class for us. so hoping it is covered
that's good that they have given you up to a H
we found a few that didn't give any allowance for site work so we quickly left haha
psyherin
They want to do the soil test but developer has advised the access to the land will be given once it is settled.

Ouch.. What's their reasoning? Are they providing a letter stating the site will be suitable for compaction or the soil class? Why if there's like, metres and metres of fill on the block and you don't find out until afterwards? Mind you as a knockdown we are building on P class and it's not so bad but to me that's like buying a house and not being able to get an inspection on it.

Custom knockdown rebuild Newcastle NSW
viewtopic.php?t=78271
Well there is no reasoning at all. Just that land is not settled, you cant access it... ahahha
Sometimes i do think that it our land and why cant we have access it (though technically it is not my land at this stage until it is settled lollol) but still they should give access.
We have have recently heard similar with the first lots of our development that are about to settle. Offically the developer has said no one can gain access do soil testing until settlement, something to do with waiting for the compaction certification or something to do with the compaction. Unoffically builders are doing them anyway, although so far only it only looks like the display homes have been done.
Related
28/03/2024
Facade Colors combination

Building A New House

Thanks. Facade is south facing

24/07/2023
Firstyle Tile Selection

General Discussion

Hi Kaiser85, We are building with Firstyle Homes. Our build has just started, slab pour is on Saturday (hopefully!). Their standard range is pretty good. We did our…

26/02/2024
Need help on wall colour selection

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi there, we have classic cream gutters, fascia’s, roller door and undercover carport. We are are going to paint the roof a terracotta orange colour. After some…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum