Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Please help with paint colour silkwort or other grey

Page 2 of 2
The painters have painted most of the house, they will be back after all the cornices and all the skirting are in.

I used white duck 1/4 throughout the house wall. Pure white ceilings and white satin oil enamel for skirting and architraves.

In the larger rooms, it looks a little too light, but in the bedrooms it looks darker.

If I had my time again I would use white duck 1/2 strength everywhere but bedrooms. Bedrooms look good in 1/4 strength.

3 coat system, except for ceiling where the painters said they did 4 coats for me. The painters have done a good job overall, I will tell them to touch up a few areas when they are back.

They sprayed the enamel, looks fantastic as its smooth, but I'm in two minds as there is no way you can touch it up.

LeanneR
I have silkwort feature wall in my daughters room and other walls at white duck 1/4 (same as entire house). Can post a pic if needed??

I'm using bleaches half for my new house. Was going to do silkwort for bedrooms but decided too dark for all walls as windows will be tinted too. So I'm doing bleaches full for bedrooms & theatre

That would be fantastic LeanneR. Thanks
Silkworm feature wall and can see corner where white duck 1/4 joins.

Will go take a better corner photo

Eta: as you can see silkwort may be a bit dark for an entire room. Depends on look you're after

LeanneR
Silkworm feature wall and can see corner where white duck 1/4 joins.

Will go take a better corner photo

Eta: as you can see silkwort may be a bit dark for an entire room. Depends on look you're after

Oh my gosh. I love love love your daughters room. I love it as a feature room but think you're right.. it is too dark for all rooms. Thank you! This helps so much!!
Thanks! I should note its silkwort but my damn phone keeps correcting to silkworm haha

I was going to do bedrooms in new house silkwort but decided its too dark so I'm using bleaches full strength instead. I do plan a thick horizontal stripe wall in my sons room so will be use silkwort with bleaches for stripes
This is 3 years later....what did u choose??
I LOVE the colour Ghosting more than White Duck.....Want to hear the verdicts........
OMG...these threads are really old.....BUT i need help!!!

LOVE the colour Ghosting...We are having light great italian tiles in our home....want a white/light grey wall colour....
LOVE:
1. Ghosting
2. Natural white
3. Whisper white
4. White duck

PLEASE HELP...........................
We have natural white and it throws a yellow tone. Maybe whisper white or white duck? We are using bleaches quarter in our new home
Related
11/03/2024
Renovation - swapping kitchen and bathroom and other fix ups

Renovation + Home Improvement

I recently went through a similar renovation and move scenario when updating our family home. We also swapped some rooms around and tackled a major…

4/05/2024
Mixed drawer sizes next to each other

Building A New House

put the 2 draw set directly under the cooktop and the 3 draw set either side for balance

28/01/2024
Need urgent help regarding facade colour combination please

Building A New House

Thank you @. Tried to play with the facade models but the exact colour is not matching up.

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum