Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Its very quiet in here???

Page 2 of 2
Thanks Michelle and Kiwi.
I was thinking of doing same colour on ceilings. walls and trims as I have read and be told that with low sheen, gloss, etc, the colour will look a little different.
Will go to the paint shop today and let you know my decision.
Thanks again
We did semi gloss on doors and trims and flat on ceiling.
I like it, I am glad we went with it than 1/2 alabaster.

We did Thorndon cream on the walls. Satin finish.
Hi Michelle, our house is coming upto completion in next few months. We are thinging about feature walls. Our wall colour throughout the house is beige royal 1/2 dulux.

What feature wall colours would you suggest to contrast this colour? We are having latte coloured carpet with darkish tiber laminate flooring.

thanks in advance
Hi Tengals.... Thought I might start giving people homework to do, so you can all get involved and understand what your doing.

Your first!!

Here's your Dulux Beige Royal 1/2

Here's the atlas from Dulux

http://www.dulux.com.au/specifier/colou ... atlas.aspx

NOW.......take a look around at your current furniture and decorative pieces, give some thought into each room you would like a feature wall in. Using the atlas look through the colours at the ones you like best and you think would work well with your ideas and "things" Take yourself off to a DULUX PAINT STORE.....and get the sample chips. Get lots.... take them home and do a mood board with your chips and some photos from magazines of of your furniture....... have fun.

If your still having troubles after all this, let me know.
Hi Michelle,

I am totally lost in designing my Entry. For starters it is very narrow and long

At the end of the hallway are two "arch" which to the left leads to the theater room and to the right to the family/kitchen which is open plan. The furniture around the house is modern in black and white with the accessories in teal, yellow and red.

I really have no idea what to do with this entry. I am stuck in need of HELP PLEAASE!!!
tengals
Hi Michelle, our house is coming upto completion in next few months. We are thinging about feature walls. Our wall colour throughout the house is beige royal 1/2 dulux.

What feature wall colours would you suggest to contrast this colour? We are having latte coloured carpet with darkish tiber laminate flooring.

thanks in advance

Tangals......how you going?
Lovelee
Hi Michelle,

I am totally lost in designing my Entry. For starters it is very narrow and long

At the end of the hallway are two "arch" which to the left leads to the theater room and to the right to the family/kitchen which is open plan. The furniture around the house is modern in black and white with the accessories in teal, yellow and red.

I really have no idea what to do with this entry. I am stuck in need of HELP PLEAASE!!!

Got all carried away, after I did this I then read your colour scheme.

Never the less, this could still work if you use a pure white console table and add touched of your chosen ascent colours.

Hi Michelle,

I never thought of silver
Love the wallpaper!!!

I have also thought of adding a console table at the back wall but the recess is only 30cm deep. You wouldn't happen to know where I can find tables that won't stick out? I've only found the Hemnes Shoe Cabinet from Ikea

Also I was thinking of putting a Close to Ceiling Chandelier near the doorway... What do you think?
Hi

Am new to this forum, but have been an eager reader for some time.

Would like your advice on exterior paint colours please.

We have recently moved into a 1950s house (see images) - textured brick bottom and clad upper extension with orange roof tiles - which is currently painted a dated shade of yellow with green trim. We would like to update and are thinking of rendering the brick, adding architraves around the windows and adopting a neutral colour scheme with white trims.

We are considering Dulux Candlebark with Natural White trims.
Given the orange roof tiles, what are your thoughts on these colours? Also should we go the same colour on the rendered bottom half, or pick a darker colour and if so what would you suggest?

Thanks for your thoughts

Lovelee
Hi Michelle,

I never thought of silver
Love the wallpaper!!!

I have also thought of adding a console table at the back wall but the recess is only 30cm deep. You wouldn't happen to know where I can find tables that won't stick out? I've only found the Hemnes Shoe Cabinet from Ikea

Also I was thinking of putting a Close to Ceiling Chandelier near the doorway... What do you think?

I bought a narrow hall console at Freedom many years ago, my daughter has it now you could try there.
Also go and search second hand stores to see what you can find and paint up in gloss white.
I was thinking along the entry wall for the console not at the end.

Ceiling Chandelier will be fine.
chirpychops
Hi

We have recently moved into a 1950s house (see images) - textured brick bottom and clad upper extension with orange roof tiles - which is currently painted a dated shade of yellow with green trim. We would like to update and are thinking of rendering the brick, adding architraves around the windows and adopting a neutral colour scheme with white trims.

Given the orange roof tiles, what are your thoughts on these colours? Also should we go the same colour on the rendered bottom half, or pick a darker colour and if so what would you suggest?

Thanks for your thoughts

I'm a bit short on time tonight, I need to write a blog for a flooring company.
I'll try and look over your question over the weekend.
Hi Michelle

Did you have a chance to have a look at this one please?

Many thanks

Michelle
chirpychops
Hi

Thanks for your thoughts

I'm a bit short on time tonight, I need to write a blog for a flooring company.
I'll try and look over your question over the weekend.
Hi ....grab a couple of sample pots from Dulux, Beige Royal 1/2 for the render and the Candle Bark for the cladding.
See how you go.

If Beige Royal 1/2 is too light, try beige royal full with Linseed for the cladding.

All the colours are within the same colour family/group
Hi Michelle,

I was browsing thru art prints and came thru one that I thought was interesting. I photoshopped it against the wall and it looked OK to me. I have also put some lights, one industrial pendant light and a couple of those lights from nustyle lighting. What do you think?

What else can I add to complete this room? The walls are looking really bare...
Hi Lovelee, 2 different lights in the one long space is not working for me.....sorry. Both are nice so you just need to pick which one you like best and put 3 of those up.

The print is interesting, but is somehow quite spooky to me, it tends to take you to another place at the end of your hallway.....like a doorway to another demention??
might be just me.....

I'd like to see some black on the walls......look for some black wall art.
Related
9/04/2024
Colorbond roof can you extend its life?

General Discussion

You should pressure clean your roof first and make sure the paint you buy also is anti mould.

30/06/2023
kitchen bench in very light colour?

Kitchen Corner

Hi - thanks for your reply. Yes I think 'Ill go for whitish with very speckly bits rather than pure white something like this. PS was actually 2008 I built the…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum