Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Aluminium Cladding-Best option close to coast (100m)

Page 1 of 1
Hi Everyone,

Looking to do a reno off the back of a beach cottage. Two storey development with the bottom consisting of reclaimed brick. Top level to be clad in an aluminium product as will the poolhouse. Not facing directly to beach however will cop salt air and will have some protection from neighbours property. I am happy to cop 10-12 year lifespan however cutting a corner to only get 5-years will not make any sense. Choice 1 seems to be the only product that offers some guarantees to combat salt.

My three choices since exploring in order of quality are;

1.Alpolic/Alucobond ($350sq/m)
2.Archclad express system or clip lock
3.Permalite LT7
4.Colourbond Enseam, Architectural cladding (however monument colour cannot come in colour bond ultra)(150q/m)

Flip them around for cost.

Does anyone have experience putting these products up and what were the outcomes? I would love to do choice 4 and get a solid 10/12 years. My supplier believes paying extra for ultra is a waste as warranties are poor.

Thanks for your advice,

Wacker
Bricks + render will be cheaper and better.
Related
24/09/2023
Best way to attach perspex to an aluminium fence

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Using a rivet sounds like a good idea thanks

24/09/2023
Flooring option for bedroom and passage

Flooring & Floor Covering

Newbie question for flooring options. We are thinking of changing the flooring for bedrooms and passage area. Last time we looked at flooring options was almost 8years…

7/04/2024
XCEM Alphafloor vs Hebel Power Floor Subfloor option

Building A New House

Would also like an opinion from anyone that has used xcem over hebel for floors. Thanks

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum