Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Wardrobe doors help

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys,

Interested to know, those with built in wardrobes (with sliding doors), did you choose mirror doors, or just plain doors, or one of each?

Two of our bedrooms have built in wardrobes with two sliding doors on each. We had asked that both doors on the wardrobe be mirrored. We went to the house yesterday for a visit & the builder has given us one mirrored door & one plain door on each wardrobe. I'm not sure whether to ask the builder to change it, or just leave it be.

I know mirrors are annoying to clean, but because the bedrooms aren't big I thought having full mirrors would make them feel bigger, however having one of each doesn't look bad (we also have to pay extra for mirrored doors).

Thoughts?
Hi Jennifer,

We're going with mirrored sliding wardrobe doors as thought the plain doors would be a little too.....plain? Like you say the mirrored doors open up a space. Did you pay for the mirrored doors originally? If you didn't do you care enough to pay extra for them now?
JenBarber
Hi Jennifer,

We're going with mirrored sliding wardrobe doors as thought the plain doors would be a little too.....plain? Like you say the mirrored doors open up a space. Did you pay for the mirrored doors originally? If you didn't do you care enough to pay extra for them now?

Hi Jen,

No we haven't paid for them yet, so I'm leaning towards just leaving them how they are with one mirror door & one plain white door! At least half of the wardrobe is mirrored!
jennifer1978 - I think that sounds like a good plan, there's so many battles to fight in building that if you're happy to leave as is (and not spend anymore money) then that's a good battle to sit out
No, I just have plain brown doors with no mirrors. But, adding a mirror is a good idea since it can help you get ready in the morning.
Jennifer1978
Hi Guys,

Interested to know, those with built in wardrobes (with sliding doors), did you choose mirror doors, or just plain doors, or one of each?

Two of our bedrooms have built in wardrobes with two sliding doors on each. We had asked that both doors on the wardrobe be mirrored. We went to the house yesterday for a visit & the builder has given us one mirrored door & one plain door on each wardrobe. I'm not sure whether to ask the builder to change it, or just leave it be.

I know mirrors are annoying to clean, but because the bedrooms aren't big I thought having full mirrors would make them feel bigger, however having one of each doesn't look bad (we also have to pay extra for mirrored doors).

Thoughts?

You can ask the builder to change that to mirror door. As you said it will add more area to the bedroom. The builder will not be unhappy since it is your requirement he has to meet. When it comes to our own house we have to go by our preferences rather compromising on others choice. The mirror door is acrylic and it comes cheap and lightweight so ideally your opinion was right for the wardrobe.
Mirror door is good option.
Related
8/08/2023
Polyurethane wardrobe door touch up

General Discussion

Normally you use builders bog. Polyurethane painting is basically the same principle as car panel beating and painting. All the prep work is the same and so is the…

11/09/2023
Built-in wardrobe: MDF?

Building A New House

Probably a not bad thing to mention particle board should in case anyone else reading this got the two confused.

15/06/2023
Sliding doors

Windows & Doors

We are looking for sliding doors which are 5 metres tall. There are a few European options. Any manufacturers in Australia or distributors?

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum